General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Cheers, it would be lovely if he didn't go there in January, it's nice to see in the latest window a few clubs not shifting and giving in to players.  I also accept that kind of goes against my pinko commie principles.

I'm torn. I'm glad we didn't accept Atletico's pitiful offers, but seeing Costa back in La Liga, allowed to give as good as he gets, fucking up Prique and Ramos' shit would be epic.

Football's crazy, and it's hard to predict what will happen with a man who thinks the best way to combat getting champagne in your eyes is to pour in some orange Lucozade to counteract it, but I really can't see him back at Chelsea at all. Seeing him back at Atleti in January's my best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Just the whole general thing. The R Kelly singing, the born again christian chairman who made himself manager and tells people to kill themselves on twitter... The whole shebang.

I made a mistake they are 7th tier. I had not heard all that. Wow I will have to look into that. I imagine they will go to the conference/national league and go bust and we can all laugh. A club like rushden and diamonds, without the chairman they are fuck all

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

FFP exists in the big leagues, does it not apply to these leagues also? Seems very unfair on the other teams who probably have to share one bar of soap 

It definitely does, plenty of clubs in the EFL have got done for FFP in recent years. Heavy fines, transfer embargos...Rick will probably be able to tell you more about it as he takes more notice south of the 20th PL position. (Edit: I'm not sure on non-league though)

as for Billericay, the first (and only) time I noticed them was because of that fucking singing R Kelly bullshit. What a load of dicks.

• Paid Members

FFP certainly exists down here in the doldrums, and a load of shit it is too. Unless you've come down from the Prem, financially you can't compete. What it actually encourages is teams fucking it off and breaking the rules, taking a punt that the money will get them up. It's what Wolves have done this year and what QPR and Bournemouth did before them.

I understand the necessity to protect team from another Pompey happening, but it totally stunts the growth of teams that have money from spending it to get bigger, build a bigger fan base and in turn a bigger club so that FFP is no longer a problem.

It took Citeh around 7 years for the club to match the finances spent, in the Football League it's three years meaning it's a big risk to spend big without parachute payments. 

It's a crock of shit and has effectively meant richer clubs can't spend to accumulate.

59 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

FFP exists in the big leagues, does it not apply to these leagues also? Seems very unfair on the other teams who probably have to share one bar of soap 

Don't think it applies in non league. To be honest they are not the only club at their level with high budgets but none seem to be as high. I know Royston (Southern Premier, current Southern League Eastern division champions) had a weekly running budget (so not just players) of £20,000 a week last season but other clubs in the same league would run on a couple of grand or less. The club I support got 5k in FA Cup prize money and were dead chuffed. 

I had seen the video that Butchi just put up and the guy seems to think he is a God and the saviour to the town of Billericay. 

Archived