General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

27 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Indeed. The difference that playing a squad with a core of Celtic players has been remarkable. If only we'd played this proper full strength squad rather than the previous incarnation full of English Championship players I imagine we'd be in a much better position. A point from the Slovakia game, all 3 against Lithuania at Hampden (and ideally us being able to hang on for those last couple of minutes against England) and things would be looking rather rosy. It's still doable but it's definitely not going to be easy. 

You can also see how well Griffiths, Brown, Forrest, Tierney and Armstrong knowing each other. Also must be a while since they have had 7 players in the starting XI who will be playing champions league football, and another was on the bench. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Decent transfer window for WBA, spent under £40miilion and got a fair few decent players, very happy.

Is gibbs any good? 

Not looking good for Brighton or Newcastle is it?  Brighton need a striker and didnt sign one, might be the difference between stopping up or going down.

Still moaning about Pulis?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Diego Costa has been named in the Chelsea squad. The Brazilian Kenny Powers is coming back bitches. When Alvaro Morata is found dead from a cocaine overdose in a Turtle Beach condo, Diego is going to take over and lead us to the Carabao Cup final before pissing of to China. 

Chelsea fuck. You're going to ruin Ethan Ampadu.

Anti-Welsh gobshite, you have nothing stallion. Going to send that young lad to Vitesse and deny him his shot. The new (dreadlocked) Bale.

7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Still moaning about Pulis?

Was the fact he's Welsh a decent chunk of the reason you defended him? Ralphy's a West Brom fan who goes to the games. Pulis is clearly a talented manager, but I don't envy him having to watch that side regularly.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Was the fact he's Welsh a decent chunk of the reason you defended him? Ralphy's a West Brom fan who goes to the games. Pulis is clearly a talented manager, but I don't envy him having to watch that side regularly.

I'm not so myopic I'd like someone just because they were born the right aide of the marches as me, that's what idiots do. I'd be worried far more about thinking that people from other nations would only like someone because they share a nationality. That's real chip on the shoulder stuff.

I follow a shit team. Playing nice football is all well and good but results relative to the team are what's important. It's a side punching well above their weight, is WBA. Id be made up as a supporter. 

Ryan Giggs is the best Welsh player of all time. Shame he had them hamstring problems in the late 90's

57 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I follow a shit team. Playing nice football is all well and good but results relative to the team are what's important. It's a side punching well above their weight, is WBA. Id be made up as a supporter. 

Whilst this is a fair point if you are paying loads of money to watch your team play and feel like you are not progressing I can see why people would get annoyed.

Although surely if you are a fan of WBA you have to wonder what are your exceptions for the season?

Is playing nicer football progressing? I'd see results and point as more important than how many passes get your team a goal. Id happily have Villa back up and having the experts hound them for being low entertainment but safe 

• Paid Members

Have to agree with Louch, I'd rather know that my team is playing good football if not entertaining but results are helping us progress as a side. Being a Hereford fan, for us right now its about getting back to the promise land of the football league after everything that happened. Fans can complain that because we have the biggest stadium and wage bill we should be winning games easily, playing entertaining football and making easy work of it all, but I'd rather we're continuing to be financially stable, bringing through some youth alongside some experience and while we may have won 8-0 today (keeper sent off in the first 5 minutes and no sub did help) the games we're winning 1-0 or even drawing are keeping us in contention to rise up the leagues, play solid football, gel as a team and not break the bank.

5 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I'm not so myopic I'd like someone just because they were born the right aide of the marches as me, that's what idiots do. I'd be worried far more about thinking that people from other nations would only like someone because they share a nationality. That's real chip on the shoulder stuff.

I'd be made up as a supporter but I wouldn't want to pay for a season ticket to watch dull football. I would still probably go and watch every now and again. Right now I have a season ticket to eighth tier side. They play well but still lose and it is frustrating.

Archived