General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

Ozil has come out and had a pop at former players who criticise him and the team, saying 'stop talking, start supporting'. Is there a more misjudged move than a poorly performing player/team going after a clubs legends?

The advice 'stop talking, start playing' springs to mind.

Fucking Mesut Ozil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

To be honest part of me thinks 'yeah, good on you Mesut'. Sure, he needs to stand up and be counted himself, but the former players could get behind the club a bit more. Things are a bit shit at the moment no doubt, but showing some support rather than constantly ripping them apart wouldn't go a miss. Still, they wouldn't get their lovely punditry salaries if they weren't circle jerking with the likes of Souness and Carragher, would they?

But they're fans of the club at the end of the day aren't they? And they have every right to be frustrated. Arsenal have all the infrastructure in place to be a top, top side and a combination of poor performances and management is stopping them from achieving that.

Pundits have to pundit, too. That's their job. Whinging about being criticised by a critic is a thankless task. Just get on with it. It would be bloody awful if pundits became cheerleaders for their previous teams.

Yeah i watched that earlier. Agents areĀ fucking scum for the most part. Young players who are better served gettingĀ their heads down and working their bollocks off are being held back because of added fees and being misguided. Im sure Sinclair was being represented byĀ Ady Ward.

Can't blame Ozil giving a bit back. The Romford Pele usually comes across alright on Talkshite but Merson is anĀ awful pundit who makes Andy Townsend look rifined.

Ā 

• Paid Members

I think Tony Pulis is a superb manager. Him and Big Sam don't get the credit they deserve for keeping, often shite and in crisis, clubs in the top flight and usually setting them up for upper half of the table pushes within 18 months.Ā 

I think his job at West Brom has been excellent . Quite a consistent team that are hard to break down and arguably the best transfer window in the league (when you consider money spent, club stature and the like).

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

To be honest part of me thinks 'yeah, good on you Mesut'. Sure, he needs to stand up and be counted himself, but the former players could get behind the club a bit more. Things are a bit shit at the moment no doubt, but showing some support rather than constantly ripping them apart wouldn't go a miss. Still, they wouldn't get their lovely punditry salaries if they weren't circle jerking with the likes of Souness and Carragher, would they?

I agree generally. Reading the whole thing and Ozil doesn't come across whiny really, just a bit fed up. Ā AndĀ he does get more criticism than most for little reason. Ā I know he's not immune from criticism but he can have a good game andĀ someone will complain about the one time he didn't chase back after losing the ball.Ā 

I saw some stats the other day which said since coming to the Premier League he's got the most assists, most final-third completed passes, most successful crosses and most chance created. Ā He can't do that much else.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

But they're fans of the club at the end of the day aren't they? And they have every right to be frustrated.Ā 

Of course they do. All Arsenal fans are frustrated, I'M frustrated and I voice my concerns, but the constant criticism is relentless. At the end of the day they're still my club and I will support them regardless. That's what Ozil is asking for, which I think is fair game.

• Paid Members

Chelsea have left Costa out of the Champions League squad. Could just as easily be something as nothing, and I suppose it makes sense if he's not reported back to the club. I still suspect he's closer then ever to head to Atletico in January now though.Ā 

Cheers, it would be lovely if he didn't go there in January, it's nice to see in the latest window a few clubs not shifting and giving in to players. Ā I also accept that kind of goes against my pinko commie principles.

Archived