General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hereford pissing money away again are they? I remember them going tits up in 2014 and relegating from the conference (relegating 2 leagues) due to financial problems despite not even being in the relegation zone. I think Salisbury relegated the same season for financial problems even though they came 14th or there abouts.

Wow Malta have a real skill for making teams look shit while being the drizzling shits themselves and never looking dangerous. Despite going down to 4th Scotland are now only 1 point behind 2nd, it is one tight group. 

• Paid Members

We less pissed money away more got took over by criminals who essentially tried to use the club for their own gains, that went tita up and we got wound up as they wouldn't pay an inland revenue bill they inherited because they were "stuck in traffic".

If we go up we'll be fine but for the highest bill in the league we can't start stagnating in leagues until we reach the National League (about where the clubs budget starts to match up)

• Paid Members

Honestly the way the fans are acting at times "our club is too big to be down here" one bad season calling for the managers head (who's done an incredible job of not trying to break the bank but get us up) attendances dwindle to what they used to be and we could sit in the southern for three years or so before players stop seeing us a a big club with ambition to go too and just another lower league side.

• Moderators

We've (Wrexham)  been saying that since 2009, doesn't make it true the whole too big thing. A Championship level stadium, and quite frankly, more history than most teams. Means fuck all in this league. It's the hardest in the world to get out of. 

Rashford really is class ain't he? The boy could of let his head drop after the mistake early on but has a great deal of composure about him.

Granted his finishing could do with working on for me, but I forgot he is only 19. Think he will have a very good career. Maybe not world class but very good never the same.

6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

We've (Wrexham)  been saying that since 2009, doesn't make it true the whole too big thing. A Championship level stadium, and quite frankly, more history than most teams. Means fuck all in this league. It's the hardest in the world to get out of. 

A fucker of a league to get out of. Bristol Rovers were the 1st team to go back up within a season and that was 2015. Teams like Grimsby, Luton, Cambridge, Barnet, Orient and Dagenham will always be hanging around at some point with new teams putting a fight up every year like Forest Green (spent shit loads to get up)  and Sutton. 

On Tamblin claiming to be a 'humble' and really nice guy, a friend of mine is the manager at Didcot Town whom they played at the weekend in the Fa Cup, which was broadcast on the BBC's website, apparently Tamblin completely snubbed both the staff and players of Diddy at the final whistle and refused to shake any of their hands, nothing like being gracious in victory.

I'm dreading our lot (oxford city) having to come up against them in the Conference South

• Paid Members

Ah Didcot Town, that's a team Hereford hopes to never play again after last season. Match abandoned, fans getting arrested for pitch invading and getting into it with some Didcot personnel, player and coach of Didcot banned for violent conduct, really was an absolute shambles on both teams parts. The joys of lower league football.

11 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

A fucker of a league to get out of. Bristol Rovers were the 1st team to go back up within a season and that was 2015. Teams like Grimsby, Luton, Cambridge, Barnet, Orient and Dagenham will always be hanging around at some point with new teams putting a fight up every year like Forest Green (spent shit loads to get up)  and Sutton. 

Except Darlington, Lincoln City (the first time round), Colchester, Carlisle etc... 

Not sure I'd describe The Racecourse as a Championship stadium either. The National League is a beast of a division to exit at the right end though. With the play-offs expanding to 6 teams this year (an idea nicked from Serie B) it'll give more teams a chance.

14 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Except Darlington, Lincoln City (the first time round), Colchester, Carlisle etc... 

Not sure I'd describe The Racecourse as a Championship stadium either. The National League is a beast of a division to exit at the right end though. With the play-offs expanding to 6 teams this year (an idea nicked from Serie B) it'll give more teams a chance.

Oh right, I was at The Hive and that was what I was told by the Barnet fans. I wonder where that came from then?

53 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Oh right, I was at The Hive and that was what I was told by the Barnet fans. I wonder where that came from then?

Probably a made-up stat started by the Barnet supporters to make up for their shame at not coming back up at the first time of asking.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Off to start making my way into Lansdowne Road in about ten minutes for the match. Fuckin' pots are absolutely gone all day...

Really disappointed with the game tonight. Really poor second half, although Serbia looked decent throughout. We need to win both games and hope other results go our way now, so not optimistic. 

Archived