General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Paddy Power round my way does be a hoot of a Sunday. 90% of the clientele resemble Jack Hackett and have bits of dried sick down their brown check tweed jackets while trying to scrawl their hopes on an unstable counter with a pen that's far too small.

Do you know who - to me, personally ā€“ typifies everything wrong with football and where it all went wrong? Winston Bogarde.

That was the start of the modern day brat. Van Persie, Adebayor, Tevez and the likes followed suit. But Winston Bogarde...him.

Winston honoured his contract which is more than can be said for most modern players.

The footy used to be like popping down spoons. The cheap beer and pint wasn't exactly a gourmet feast but it cost fuck all and you could have a laugh with your mates. Now they're charging gastro prices but still mostly serving up boil in theĀ bag shite. Yeah the modern fab is a whiny entitled shit but the club's aren't holding up their end.Ā 

• Paid Members

I always have a nagging regard for people who get paid shit loads to be terrible at their job, so I can't hate Winston. Whole saga sounded like some awful sitcom from the 90's that got cancelled after 5 episodes, 'Dennis Waterman is an out of luck bin man who one day wakes up to find that he has been accidentally signed by Chelsea. Little do they know that he can't play football and drinks fiteen cans of Boddingtons every evening'.Ā 

Add me to the fair play to Winston club. Ā I read an interview with him at the time and he was saying how he loved living in London and being paid a lot to do so. Ā Plus I thought it a welcome change for a player not to be sold against their wishes, he was winding down and sorted out his pension.

• Paid Members

Solid performance against some turd opppsition. If you get the chance, catch the Zappacosta goal, bombs it the entire length of the pitch then absolutely thumps an attempted cross over the keeper from the touchline. Frankly, second best part of the evening was Roma and Athletico boring their way to a 0-0.

Added bonus of changing over and seeing Hitman Rodgers looking like he wanted to cry as the PSG game ended.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Frankly, second best part of the evening was Roma and Athletico boring their way to a 0-0.

It's almost as if you're goading Fog Dude...

I completely forgot there was football on tonight, proper football is on Thursday nights these days after all. PSG smashing Celtic was great though. 5-0 as well, 50 years after the Lisbon Lionsā„¢, Celtic have let those lads down tonight. "How am I doing, Big Jock?"

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It's almost as if you're goading Fog Dude...

Ha, I was skimming over thatĀ post and must have missed that!Ā It says a lot about the state Roma are in if they can't even beat a podcast at home, though.

• Paid Members

I honestly thought we would be lucky to get 6 points out of this Champions League group so I am pretty pleased with that result. Dortmund did help by making the interesting tactical choice of playing with only two defenders for much of the game, and it's strange that they didn't change that when they saw that we'd just sit and counter with balls over the top.Ā 

The sending off was bullshit.Ā 

Only saw the game until the last 5 minutes but thought it was a weird game, lack of atmosphere made it feel a bit distant and Dortmund looked the better team until the 3rd goal but Spurs caught them out because of terrible defending. Still you make your own luck so fair play to Spurs.Ā 

Archived