General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

My god, somebody check on Fog Dude!

I'm obviously against all the proposed changes, but luckily this time I think all right-minded football fans would agree with that.

This new VAR system at the Confederations Cup has given us two phantom offsides so far. I hope it's never brought into club football, but fear it's only a matter of time.

The 30 minute idea feels like a reaction to VAR in that it will make it seem less of a farce that the game has been stopped for so long to look at the video if the clock is stopped. Id be amazed if VAR makes it to club level though, seeing as its pretty much bombed in its pilot phase.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hate all of those proposals, seem totally unnecessary, other than a "clearer and more consistent definition" of handball.

I like the "take a free kick to yourself", "take a free kick from a rolling ball" and "goal kick doesn't have to leave the penalty area". I think they're attempts to speed the game up and I'd like to see that. The team fouled is penalised so often trying to take quick free kicks. I like the idea that you can just get up and take it to yourself and carry on.

Not sure what the rest are trying to acheive.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, John Matrix said:

Talk of 'no rebounds' has me wondering why no one has moved to implement another popular football rule we often had to abide by as kids.

No POWER BLASTERS.

Whenever we played football as kids, we always invoked the 'Yeboah rule'- where a goal counts double if it goes in off the bar.

• Paid Members

If it's Linfield, the scheduling looks like it would have Linfield play Celtic, in Belfast, on July 12th (the biggest day in the marching calendar, massive Orangeman march every year, as I understand it). I gather it's normally a pretty tense day as it is, so I assume if that happens Uefa will have the sense to reschedule the tie, as that is a proper powerkeg situation if that game happens that day.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

When I say bar, I mean the top of the vehicle height restriction bar as we constantly diced with death playing in the middle of the road.

YES!!! One of the ones on the estate led to the underground car park, so the barrier had this little smaller bar dangling it off with chains, that meant it doubled as a basketball net of sorts as we tried to put our mini Chicago Bulls ball through the middle of the two.

Otherwise it was goals and wickets painted on walls.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Celtic have drawn either Linfield or SP La Fiorita (San Marino) in the 2nd qualifying round of the Champions League. A decent draw I believe.

Judging by last season's qualifying experience, they'll be happy to come away from San Marino with a score draw.

Archived