General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As I just said to my friend, if the BBC are running this story and claiming this is from a source close to him, there must be something in this story. BBC don't stick their neck out for no fucker when it comes to football news these days.

Go to China Ronnie, you prick.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Would explain why United didn't go balls deep for Griezman. Still, yeah, go to China you prick.

They knew Atleti couldn't possibly sell him this summer as they wouldn't be able to replace him, due to their transfer embargo. The stories of United 'cooling their interest' surfaced around the same time as Atletico's appeal was rejected. Otherwise they probably would've kept going for him- but instead have changed their focus to Morata, which looks like it will probably happen soon.

No way will Ronaldo go to China. He's too competitive. I think he'll want to compete with Messi as the top Champions League goalscorer too.

He also has the small issue of a 1bn euro release clause and a contract for another four years.

8 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Pierre van Hooijdonk, Ronnie Johnson,Faustino Asprilla, Oyvind Leonhardsen

One of these things is not like the other.

8 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Man United won the title with 75 points that season. I'm not sure whether that means teams were at a high level and were more evenly-matched or they were just plain worse than they are now. There were only 2 points separating 13th and 18th as well for God's sake. 

In 96/97, 6 points separated 9th-17th. In 2016/17, 6 points separated 8th-17th. The top teams have become more consistent.

• Paid Members

My god, somebody check on Fog Dude!!

Not a fan of the 30 min half change proposal. Petr Cech is strongly behind the 30 minute half rules, as he reckons you'll get around an extra 4-5 mins of football each half, but the overall game could potentially be stretched out.

I'm not particularly against the rule preventing rebounds from penalties, though. Must be really gutting for a goalkeeper to save a pen, only to have some other fucker smash in a loose ball.

The dribbling from a free kick rule is weird, like the old American penalties.

All of them are completely unnecessary. There's nothing wrong with the laws of the game. I'd like them to sort out the absurd sponsorship and tv deals before coming up with useless ideas.

Stopping the game after a penalty is saved or other wise unsuccessful is such a sterile step to take, completely ruining the ebb and flow of a match.

Dislike the penalty rebound rule, why not have rebounds? A penalty kick is in essence a direct free kick in the penalty area. If the keeper saves it and parries it back to the player, tough shit they should have saved it better or their defenders should clear it.

I don't like the 30 minute half rule as in American sports this often drags their sports on for ages. I want to know roughly how long a match will last. What would be better is just punishing players more for time wasting. 

Archived