General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Yes. I was trying to think of managers in England who required a Work Permit. I know Poch is Argie but pretty sure he's got a Spanish passport. Anyone think of any other non-EU managers? Can only get Bob Bradley.

Pellegrini, although he probably had a Spanish passport too. Big Phil while he was at Chelsea.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
46 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Pellegrini, Avram Grant andĀ Solskjaer are a few non-eu nats I can think of recently. Or are you only talking about last season?

Solskjaer wouldn't need a work permit as he has freedom of movement like every other Norwegian.

Ā 

EDIT: Aplogies about what question I was answering, post election stay up tiredness in full affect.

• Paid Members

Good shouts.

We tried to get Avram Grant in 2010 and ended up with Iain Dowie. Talk about Hobson's choice.

I always forget about Big Phil Scolari even though I was at the 0-0 draw with us at the Bridge that did for him. What a strange time that was.

10 hours ago, stevieg1980 said:

Well God knows what Hugo Lloris was playing at last night. That was a hugely rare mistake that cost France big.Ā 

But then Olivier Giroud. Fucking hell boys go out your way to see his goal. It's fantastic.Ā 

Even God is fallible.Ā 

• Paid Members

I was pissing myself when that second free kick went in. Shame Harry Kane had to spoil the fun.

I can't get over the fact that we're watching an England side with Jake Livermore in it. Tragic times.

• Paid Members

So what's this Lindelof like then? From what I've seen he's pretty quick. Good header. Plays out with the ball..Ā But then again YouTube also made Anderson look like the new Ronaldinho

5 hours ago, Juan Manforce said:

Fucking hell. To go from feeling like we'd be doing well to steal a draw to feeling like we lost in that short a time. The joys of being Scottish.

My son is born in a few months. In the coming years when he asks what it's like to support Scotland, I will show him the last tenĀ minutes of this match.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Murtz said:

So what's this Lindelof like then? From what I've seen he's pretty quick. Good header. Plays out with the ball..Ā But then again YouTube also made Anderson look like the new Ronaldinho

Difficult to say just how good he is playing in Portugal, which is a pretty defensive league anyway. But whenever I saw him he was always very confident, doesn't dive in and has a great turn of pace. But like I say, that's in Portugal.

Archived