General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Chinese isn't it? Hasn't Rodriguez had a shit season in Germany and stagnated a bit. Looked like an ideal Mourinho full back though. Still, just goes to show how much a premium premier league teams are charged.

Hammered home when Ryan Bertrand goes to Man City for ÂŁ25m.

• Paid Members

Hmmmm. I don't know about madness. It's a risk sure, but I think quite a well calculated risk. If not for him, Sunderland would've been relegated all the way to Endsleigh last season. One of the best keepers in the Premier League last season. At 23 as well, and will surely be in a battle with Butland for many years over England's #1 jersey, in this market I reckon it's about right- especially given the fact he's English. I'm surprised that Liverpool haven't gone in for him, he's already miles better than Mignolet. I don't know much about the other keeper they have.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Hmmmm. I don't know about madness. It's a risk sure, but I think quite a well calculated risk. If not for him, Sunderland would've been relegated all the way to Endsleigh last season. One of the best keepers in the Premier League last season. At 23 as well, and will surely be in a battle with Butland for many years over England's #1 jersey, in this market I reckon it's about right- especially given the fact he's English. I'm surprised that Liverpool haven't gone in for him, he's already miles better than Mignolet. I don't know much about the other keeper they have.

I'm in agreement with you that's it's near enough right considering his age and potential/nationality. Maybe £5m too much but certainly not "madness" that seems to be brandished around twitter at the moment. 

However I think Liverpool have more important positions to fill and spend their money on. I know it was mentioned not so long ago, but Mignolet's improvement last year, and in the second half of the season in particular, was huge. 

I actually thought Arsenal were going to be the ones to get him given Cech's age. He would have been an ideal replacement. 

• Paid Members

Are you struggling to keep up with all these rumours concerning which forwards will move and who they will sign with? Me too, it's a right chore.

Luckily I found this secret document on the dark web that tells us exactly who will be signing who, in the form of a children's puzzle. Simply follow the lines to see where the strikers will end up come 1st September.

TILDE.thumb.jpg.64d21181bbb5d6113ca5f05366693620.jpg

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

I do wonder if the £30million fee is something like £25million up front and 5 million add ons? if so, then maybe that is not so bad after all, and to be honest, i thought JP was older 

Don't know how true it is but it's been said it is £15million plus add ons 

Is Pickford good is he? I've heard praise but barely watched Sunderland last year.

I remember years ago when we were all excited about signing the similarly named Jermaine Beckford on a free from Leeds. Me mate had a moment of clarity and said to me "I can't wait until we can just go and buy players you know." Now we can, feels good.

• Paid Members

Premier League fixtures are out and it's good to see our traditional February capitulation will continue this season. Everton, Spurs and then City. Wonderful. That said, the Spurs game is at Wembley so we should win that fixture in theory.

• Paid Members

I hate fixture day. Twitter full all morning of utter bollocks from journos, newspapers and Sky. I can see why Brighton and Huddersfield are excited. the rest can fuck the fuck off. Everyone plays each other. Twice. We get it.

Harry Maguire off to Leicester, might be announced today. ÂŁ16-17m. Incredible fee. Sorry to see him go though. Developing into a really good player.

2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Premier League fixtures are out and it's good to see our traditional February capitulation will continue this season. Everton, Spurs and then City. Wonderful. That said, the Spurs game is at Wembley so we should win that fixture in theory.

And Arsenal should also have the usual Late season surge of form when being written off looking at the Fixtures from March onwards, aside from Man Utd away thats as comfy a run in as you could really ask for 

• Paid Members

There is one interesting little factoid from the fixture release though. Brighton (vs. Man C H), Huddersfield (vs. Palace A) and Newcastle (vs. Spurs H) are all playing the team they last faced in their last top flight game at H/A. Weird.

• Paid Members

@MVP RULZYep. It's almost too easy to predict an Arsenal season!

I don't like the fact that following 5 of our 6 Europa League group games, we play away that weekend. These away games include Spurs, City, Everton and Southampton (to whom we have probably conceded more away goals to in recent years than any other PL side). Crikey.

Archived