General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Then he's a damn fool. Why would he want to play for an exciting young team that have Champions League football when he could be learning from the best striker his national team have to offer (Giroud) and listen to heart-warming chants from the fans such as 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

14 goals in 27 games last season, only 14 of those games were starts. A goal every 89 mins, which is 20-30 mins better than Zlatan. Decent, even taking into account that he's playing for Real against much weaker teams.

• Paid Members

Bound to be him finished. He may get fit to play again and not want to retire, but with the wages he would want I would be surprised if any club that could afford him, would consider it to be a worthwhile investment. Possibly the time for him to head toĀ 'MURICA.Ā 

Or maybe he plays for Malmo for free, simply because he's Zlatan.Ā 

• Paid Members

We've appointed Leonid Slutsky as manager. The former Russia coach who looks like a fat Tom Hanks. I'm pleased with it. It's an ambitious appointment. I wouldn't have minded Garry Monk but going from Marco Silva to any of the other no-marks we've been linked with would have been like getting chucked by Rihanna and shagging Denise from Eastenders on the rebound.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

First Russian manager in English football?

Yes. I was trying to think of managers in England who required a Work Permit. I know Poch is Argie but pretty sure he's got a Spanish passport. Anyone think of any other non-EU managers? Can only get Bob Bradley.

• Paid Members

Zlatan should have done what Mourinho suggested after his injury. Do his rehab at United and then make a decision when he's fit to play. That would have suited both parties. I imagine he's got a big money deal lined up somewhere, though. Even with that injury, he's a huge name.

Archived