General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Peter Bosz has been named head coach at Dortmund. Can't say I saw anything other than the Europa League, but bodes well that he is clearly very youth oriented. Where is Tuchel off to then?

Also, what is going to be the big summer signing this year across Europe? Is Lacazette really the biggest there is?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

So Peter Bosz has been named head coach at Dortmund. Can't say I saw anything other than the Europa League, but bodes well that he is clearly very youth oriented. Where is Tuchel off to then?

Also, what is going to be the big summer signing this year across Europe? Is Lacazette really the biggest there is?

Tuchel is going to Leverkusen according to the rumour mill.

Aubameyang will be a huge transfer it looks like. Be surprised if there is a bigger deal.

• Paid Members

Have you noticed he rise in the last few years of teams agreeing a deal with a player but not a club? Very odd practice that seems open to abuse. Saw it recently against with Liverpool and Salah.

Southampton are reporting Liverpool over an illegal approach for Virgil Van Dijk. Now Romelu Lukaku says he's agreed a deal with his next club. Very shaky ground.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

To where though? He's gonna cost €75m at least isn't he?

As Rick says, PSG it seems. Probably more than €75m. I don't think he will be the biggest transfer though, he's going to PSG who aren't actually as free-spending as the big English clubs these days. I fully expect United (or maybe even us, if we somehow land a dream target) to make the biggest signing value-wise.

Was talking to my United friends about strikers earlier today. There aren't many 'top' strikers around at the moment, so expect their value to be astronomical. £50m upwards at the very least. Lukaku, Greizmann (although he is staying put), Mbappe, Auba, Bellotti, Lacazette have massive price tags at the moment.

28 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Have you noticed he rise in the last few years of teams agreeing a deal with a player but not a club? Very odd practice that seems open to abuse. Saw it recently against with Liverpool and Salah.

Southampton are reporting Liverpool over an illegal approach for Virgil Van Dijk. Now Romelu Lukaku says he's agreed a deal with his next club. Very shaky ground.

Yeah, this has really becoming commonplace lately. Can't remember the first time I noticed it, 2 or 3 years ago, but it's weird how this isn't considered tapping up yet the Ashley Cole scenario seems very much the same. It's all down to agents, they are establishing the contacts and putting the feelers out there early, agreeing terms and then the agreement over price between the clubs is the last thing. Dodgy.

Edit: I reckon Lukaku will end up at United, Raiola client after all. I think he will be the biggest transfer this summer at around £80m. Very close to the world record.

• Paid Members

This isn't TildeBollocks! or anything, just personal opinion; I think we're going to have a total honker of a transfer window again. When we won the title in 2010 and 2015, we had shocking windows and I have a gut feeling we will play that doomed record for a third spin. Matt Miazga, Papy Djilobodji, we're coming for you. 

Old, shit, broken strikers. That's what we need to get the ball rolling. 

I mean, we all know transfer values are just irrelevant but Lukaku a near world record? Bloody hell. 

Whats this Conti from Atalanta like? I haven't seen nearly enough Serie A this year to comment. What I've seen of Belotti has been impressive. 

One silver lining for me is if Harry Kane ever leaves, he'll be worth around £150million which will be nice. 

Archived