General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

When I say bar, I mean the top of the vehicle height restriction bar as we constantly diced with death playing in the middle of the road.

Fucking southern pansies with your fancy pants goals. Many an argument was had on our estate over whether it was in or over the imaginary bar. We often settled with in off the imaginary bar.

• Paid Members

Rangers have got FC Progrès Niederkorn in the 1st Qualifying Round of the Europa League. First team I've actually had to look up and I'm Statto. Team are from Luxembourg. Finished fourth there.

15 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Fucking southern pansies with your fancy pants goals. Many an argument was had on our estate over whether it was in or over the imaginary bar. We often settled with in off the imaginary bar.

We had a sliding scale of imaginary bar height based on whether the goalkeeper was tall enough to have reached it. We spent more time arguing over how high the ball was the moment it crossed the line and exactly what part of the jumpers/coats was actually the post due then actually playing the game.

• Paid Members

Luxury! We had to stand on old crates and use the red marks we got on our backs from our dad's beatings to mark the height of our goalposts.

And watch the World Cup?

images.jpg

• Paid Members

We were lucky with trees on 'The Green' we tied that 1970s style hose pipes across for a bar.

One of the residents took them down once, which resulted in a kid called Kev Guy climbing a streetlight and messing his hands with 'anti vandal' paint to scrawl THIEF backwards on his window so he could read it when he opened his curtains.

The same Kev was also to blame for setting light to Notts Forest famed Des Little's mothers wheely bin, because he'd played well against Everton, who he supported.

I'm guessing he's in prison now.

• Paid Members

So with Salah about to complete a £40m move to Liverpool (club record, they got him in the end!), it's another player that some consider as 'one that got away' for Chelsea. Chelsea have the most bizarre and turbulent transfer policy dealings, some of it is mind blowing in equal measure of good and bad.

Anyway, I was bored and put together a team of players Chelsea have got rid of over the past 5 years that could genuinely play a part in their squad today. Yes one of them has since returned with another probably on his way back, and yes some of these have been replaced with better players, but these could still do a job for them now in some capacity.

Goalkeeper) Petr Cech

Defence) David Luiz, Jeffery Bruma, Ryan Bertrand. Struggled with RB, gonna move Filipe Luis over there from LB

Midfield) Oriol Romeu, Juan Mata, Kevin de Bruyne

Forwards) Juan Cuadrado or Andre Schurrle, Mo Salah, Romelu Lukaku

Not a bad team at all, is it?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Don't worry, all seems to be a bit of a bullshit paper-seller from the Mirror. Lukaku is surely going to sign for Chelsea any moment now, isn't he?

Nah, we're too busy sitting around, twiddling our thumbs and getting a top deal for a reserve goalkeeper. I know it's early doors, but this just feels like the 2010 and 2015 windows and that's massively depressing after last year. 

There is absolutely no way on earth I could see us getting Lewandoski. Plus yeah, looks like paper-bait. 

I think the VAR system is going to take a few knocks after the skirmish at the end of the Mexico New Zealand game last night. Ref stopped the game to check the video feed himself and handed out a few yellows when a few red should have been. Took about 4 or 5 minutes to sort too. Still was a really good game. 

• Paid Members

The cards dished out is down to the ref though, isn't it? The VAR system doesn't tell the ref what exactly to do in each situation, it's still ultimately down to his interpretation and his decision when it comes to things like cards. Sounds like a long time to sort out though, which is inevitable in early days. After a while it'll be up to the speeds of rugby.

On 20 June 2017 at 3:52 PM, PunkStep said:

So with Salah about to complete a £40m move to Liverpool (club record, they got him in the end!), it's another player that some consider as 'one that got away' for Chelsea. Chelsea have the most bizarre and turbulent transfer policy dealings, some of it is mind blowing in equal measure of good and bad.

Anyway, I was bored and put together a team of players Chelsea have got rid of over the past 5 years that could genuinely play a part in their squad today. Yes one of them has since returned with another probably on his way back, and yes some of these have been replaced with better players, but these could still do a job for them now in some capacity.

Goalkeeper) Petr Cech

Defence) David Luiz, Jeffery Bruma, Ryan Bertrand. Struggled with RB, gonna move Filipe Luis over there from LB

Midfield) Oriol Romeu, Juan Mata, Kevin de Bruyne

Forwards) Juan Cuadrado or Andre Schurrle, Mo Salah, Romelu Lukaku

Not a bad team at all, is it?

You could also throw Falcao in there as they had the option to sign him up and passed. He has been back in form this season (not that they really needed him this season).  

Archived