General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

Just now, Teedy Kay said:

A quick google lead to that summation?

You're having an out and out laugh.

Nope, I'm not having a laugh.

I've long had discussions on here about players who wont make it as big as some of the their supporters think they will, Vaughn was the most obvious, but then also the likes of Ryan Tunnicliffe. You then have  the likes of Ganso, who promised so so much when he was riding to the top along with Neymar, and then promptly fell off a cliff. I believe he is at Sevilla these days having moved for around 10 million Euros, Neymar cost around 80 million...

It does happen, more often than you think. New Exciting, prodigious young talent for whatever reason doesnt live up to the hype. 

With 20 million, you are paying for potential which was sadly lacking last season playing around 13 games or so.. It doesnt scream that this guy is a world beater, yet he just has potential and that's been stunted over the last season and may have already peaked

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

4 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Think what you want, Wolves have poached one of the finest young midfielders in the world from under the noses of everyone

Do you genuinely believe this? If so, why?

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Grecian said:

That's what I'm afraid of! He's already training with the full Welsh international squad, won their under 19 player of the year, marked Scott Hogan out of a league Cup match at 15... I'd love him back at Exeter on loan for the season. Amazing hair too. 

In many respects I wish he had signed for someone else.  Great talent that he is, he deserves more than dicking around in our youth system forever more. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Grecian said:

That's what I'm afraid of! He's already training with the full Welsh international squad, won their under 19 player of the year, marked Scott Hogan out of a league Cup match at 15... I'd love him back at Exeter on loan for the season. Amazing hair too. 

In many respects I wish he had signed for someone else.  Great talent that he is, he deserves more than dicking around in our youth system forever more. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Tevez, up and coming striker, very well regarded especially after his transfer to Corinthians and post Olympics. Mascherano, see Tevez but change his position.

Why the fuck would they go to West Ham of all clubs. They were destined for far better.

Robinho, the next Pele, alas. Why the fuck would he go to Man City?

Now, Neves, one of the world's best up and coming midfielders, linked with Chelsea, Liverpool and Juventus. Going to Wolves FAR outweighs the decisions of the previous, they went from the potential for big clubs to lower end Prem clubs. Neves is dropping to the Championship! It's a completely different level of what in the actual fuckness!

Look, I can understand you're excited about Wolves signing an actual good player for the first time in their history but even by your usual standards in this topic, your posts in the last day or so on this subject have been the product of a complete loon. Practically everything in this post is wrong,

• Paid Members

Bollocks.

Are you saying Tevez and Masherano's level was West Ham at that time? Because the world was shocked they went to that level and not higher. Ot emerged many clubs did want them but were put off by the joint ownership catch they caught West Ham out.

Robinho was a Champions League quality player, a great Brazillian hope and although the world wasn't truly set on fire after his Real move, he was still considered a top quality player and had performed to high standard at Madrid, who dropped his level considerably to go to Man City. He was going to Chelsea, everyone knew it, Robinho even thought it after the transfer. Yet out of nowhere he went to Man City who had been midtable shite since they got back up into the Prem.

There is nothing wrong with any of the above.

Now Neves is a very highly rated player, you may very well not have heard the hype, I heard about the fella whilst Lopetegui was in charge of Porto. He would walk into the majority of Prem starting XIs and be at ease and comfortable pushing for that starting XI at every club in the Prem. He's had top six clubs sniffing around him for two years or so now. The guy is the real deal in terms of quality and was expected to move to a top European club this summer. He hasn't, instead he has joined a Championship club, take Wolves out of it. 

Now that is my opinion of the player granted, but it's not only mine, this is being considered by many as a great shock in world football.

Fucking hell. He wouldn't even walk in to the Porto team. I get the excitement but I'm not sure the Championship is the best place for a young Portuguese midfielder who's trying to get his career back on track.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Fucking hell. He wouldn't even walk in to the Porto team.

That's the key thing here. 13 league appearances last season with Porto, yet able to walk into most PL sides? I get the excitement, and good on Wolves as it's still a coup, but a bit of perspective here. It's nothing on par with Tevez, Mascherano and Robinho.

• Paid Members

We shouldn't forget as well there's a bit of a concern on both his attitude and how mature of a player he is. Crying on the subs bench because the manager told you to get ready and then changed his mind screams less footballing sensation and more someone who needs to cope better with seemingly pressure of not being the favourite as he was the season before. Move to Wolves is literally an overpriced loan, one season as their main man where the teams plays around him and he'll be off again. 

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

So reading between the lines then, this lad has a proper dodgy agent?

Even Ferguson had to wash his hands after shaking them with Jorge Mendes.

I'm still not convinced the entire Bebe thing wasn't Mendes orchestrating some kind of modern take on Surviving the Game.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Move to Wolves is literally an overpriced loan, one season as their main man where the teams plays around him and he'll be off again. 

Said exactly the same thing about Costa.

Archived