General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I hope so. Given everything that was going on at Inter when he was there, I'd like to think that can just be written off as a bad move for everyone involved. Word is he'll be giving the existing squad a chance to prove itself rather than a wave of immediate changes, which should help the transition to his style of play. Benteke might have to change his game somewhat, but it'll work well for Zaha, Townsend and it might help Cabaye continue his renaissance. But his first job should be to take Jordon Mutch out back and put him out of his misery.

• Paid Members

Here's a really in depth piece on Steven Caulker and the battles he's had with mental illness and addiction. I wondered when we sold him to Cardiff why. I always rated him. If it were up to me, I'd have him back at Spurs, give him all the help he needs and try to get him back playing. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr

• Paid Members

We've sold Purple Ake to Bournemouth for £20 million, another depressing episode in the WINDOW OF DOOOOOOOOM! which I am prophesying. 

Loads going about on Chelsea forums that we're going to announce all of these great new signings on July 1st due to it being the date our new kit sponsorship deal starts. I'd put money on us announcing Willy fucking Caballero as reserve keeper in addition to us probably sending Kurt Zouma out on loan or something. 

• Paid Members

Why on earth have you sold Ake?? That's a shit move if you ask me. Perhaps not a starter, but he's somebody that can seemingly cover one of the three CB positions plus LB (LWB too, or is that pushing it?). Well it's an indication that you must be bringing in two defenders surely. With Terry gone too, and although not starters they both played their share of games, Chelsea need to get their shit in order. Conte must be tearing his weave out right now.

Mind you, brilliant signing for Bournemouth. Can see them climbing even higher this season with Ake, Begovic and Defoe already on board.

Archived