2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

The first thing I thought when I saw the recent pics of Sean Hughes was yhat he looked like an alcoholic : puffy red/greyish face. 51 is no age whatsoever. What a shame. He also appeared in Coronation Street in 1997 as a romantic interest of Eileen GGrimshaw which I have no recollection of.  

He was in it for a couple of weeks, think it turned out he was two timing her.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Martin Ain from Hellhammer and Celtic Frost has passed away from a heart attack at 50. Both bands have been super influential in the extreme metal scene, Tom G Warrior is the known face of the groups but Martin played a huge part in them too.

Yeah, just wrote that in the metal thread too, gutted, I fucking love Celtic Frost.

• Paid Members

Fats Domino gone at 89, which is a good age for someone of his age. 

Wasn't particularly aware of him until  I picked up a couple of his compilations at a car boot years back and very much enjoyed them. Quite reminiscent of Fats Waller (hence why he was named as such), which is one of the higher compliments I could ever pay a blues pianist. 

1 hour ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Ain't that a shame.

Arrows.

You'll appreciate this, Guy.  When I saw Rambling Jack Elliott, he was telling the story about how Fats went missing after Hurricane Katrina and was presumed dead.  They even painted a red cross on his door but he was just out of town and nobody could reach him.

Of course, it took 2 hours to tell the story.

Archived