Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

That is good, they need some people that ARE actually at the weight. One thing I have never understood is why the cruiserweight division is 205lbs when 90% of them are like 170 soaking wet. You look at the 205lb division in UFC, you have absolute monsters like Cormier, Jon Jones, Rampage Jackson, Gustaffson for fuck sake, these are big, big blokes. Jack Gallagher is in the same division as Jon Jones, just stupid. Make the limit 170 or 175, minor niggle I know but one that I just have never understood.

Edit: Because 205 live sounds really cool and hip, of course. I shall go and sit in the corner.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Cruiserweights used to be 225 back in the day, which is mental. I think Daniel Bryan explained on the Cruiserweight Classic that they'd dropped it by 20lbs because the average weight of wrestlers in WWE wasn't as high as it used to be, and that guys who would have passed for Cruiserweights are main eventing now.

As for why not drop it lower, it just gives them more scope to book people who could conceivably just make the 205 limit, but you certainly wouldn't buy as under 170. Not a chance anyone's buying Neville as being below 175, for example.

• Paid Members

From a kayfabe perspective, most MMA 205ers look massive because they are cutting weight and walk around at 225lbs or more, while pro wrestlers can't cut weight because they are fighting every night unlike those UFC wimps.

Not to worry as eventually they'll realise the current production isn't working and change it to 198 Taped.

• Paid Members

All this Jinder talk got me thinking, i'd love to see an angle where by a relatively unknown baby face climbs the ranks but loses a couple of contendership bouts before unexpectedly winning the title.

The following night on RAW or Smackdown, they come out to to cut their first promo as champ, only for whoever the authority figure at the time is, to interrupt and announce that they'd failed a post match drug test and the result will be declared a no contest - sort of like a 21st century dusty finish.

You could take it so many ways, turn heel spouting the 'tainted supplement' line, or a road to redemption where they align with a mentor, maybe a Regal if they want to play on that, until they eventually come back and win the big one through sheer hard work and determination.

Realise there's a million reasons they wouldn't go near an angle like that, but in terms of telling 'real' stories, I'd be really interested to watch something like that play out.

....and yes, I was watching The Program last night and thought the Steve Lattimer story would be a perfect fit.

The Junior-heavyweight weight limit has always been a curious thing.  205lbs is a big guy by most standards.  It's nearly 15 stone in old British currency.  I think of myself and I'm 6 foot 2 with a decent build.  I would look pretty big next to a fair number of guys on the main roster but I'd legitimately just about squeeze into the 205 squad.  Legitimately though, quite a lot of heavyweights past and present would be pretty close to meeting that limit too.  

• Paid Members

I think we all know that weight divisions in WWE are less to do with actual weight and more to do with drawing power.

Finn (and probably even Seth) would be a perfect fit size wise but they're already established as top card talent so they're not going near 205 Live even if the show would arguably be better for it.

If they really wanted, they could put all the small guys doing ...dives on that show and make it must see TV but instead they've booked their cruiserweight title in a submission match on a hardcore rules PPV. That should tell you everything about how they view the division.

Edited by Au

How do the same people manage to get front row seats to every WWE ppv and lots of tv tapings? Is a topic some of us on here have wondered these past few years.

The guy who wears the SQUARED CIRCLE RESTAURANT t-shirt mentioned in an Instagram post today that he got a masters degree in Occupational Therapy, became his own boss, and now earns loads of money on his own schedule.

So that's one mystery solved.

Edited by dopper

I mean, I'd guess those guys were loaded, the question that really bugs me is Why the fuck do they wear the same clothes to every show? If you're rich you can afford to rotate your wardrobe, stinky bastards. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, sj5522 said:

I mean, I'd guess those guys were loaded, the question that really bugs me is Why the fuck do they wear the same clothes to every show? If you're rich you can afford to rotate your wardrobe, stinky bastards. 

Because these people think they are apart of the show, thus always wearing the same shit so they are recognised.