Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I've binned Sky and BT Sport this week. Spending a fortune on it and hardly watching football. One of the main reasons I kept it was obviously for Raw and Smackdown. I've found over the past couple of months though that I'm either reading the reports or watching the highlights on YouTube rather than the shows. Often deleting them without watching. It's not bad programming, it's just very, very dull and I'm finding it way to easily to get by without it. Sad days.

Still loving the Network. That thing's the greatest.

• Paid Members

Watching an unofficial YouTube superedit of Raw each week (every key moveĀ and promoĀ line so you still 'see' everything), it becomes clearer the problem with a three hour Raw isn't just literally the time but the sheer amount of stuff they have. I'm only spending 20-25 minutes watching an episode, but even then there's usually a point "in the third hour" where they'll chuck out another match or promo and I'm done paying attention. Between matches, angles and promos, there's something like 18 'segments' on a show, and it's very hard to care about (or remember) the 18th most important thing on a show.

• Paid Members

I'm watching via an unofficial youtube channel these days as well, though it's the full show broken down into parts.Ā I don't feel I miss anything other than the comfort of watching via the TV, and the sometimes disoriented way it can be put together. At least it helps me look forward to the Network shows a little more as I can watch them on the TV without issues. Sky is just ridiculously expensive these days, although I may have to get BT back for the UFC as my "sky box" I was using got figured out there and has been blocked.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

How did the fans not shit on that Taz vs Lawler match at One Night Stand 2006? Imagine if they did that match now? With the type of fans who dont play the role?

I assume most of the fans knew that Taz couldn't work a match, and were just happy to see him. You look at some of the stuff that passed for ECW reunion shows at the time, and they could have thrown out any old shit and people would have got behind it.

Jericho said in an interview the other day that WWE should put the Cruiserweight title on Enzo Amore and I think I agree with him.

He may not be as good a worker as a lot of the other cruiserweights, but it'll bring attention and interest to the division and get people to care about the title which it greatly needs.

205 is getting a fair bit past its sell by date, but I'm still waiting for Tozawa v Neville. That's gonna be sick. Still watching 205 almost out of pure Tozawa love at this stage. After that they should just integrate everyone, 02 style. Imagine a world without Rey and Angle opening Summerslam that year, not worth thinking about.

This seething Neville deserves to be mixing it up with Balor and Rollins level of guys, not pissin about with Perkins. Aries and Kendrick feel underutilised too, it's just a division you don't want to see any of your favs bother withĀ 

Edited by sj5522

10 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I'm watching via an unofficial youtube channel these days as well, though it's the full show broken down into parts.Ā I don't feel I miss anything other than the comfort of watching via the TV, and the sometimes disoriented way it can be put together. At least it helps me look forward to the Network shows a little more as I can watch them on the TV without issues. Sky is just ridiculously expensive these days, although I may have to get BT back for the UFC as my "sky box" I was using got figured out there and has been blocked.

Which channel are you getting RAW & Smackdown on? I've been trying to find a decent one on YouTube so I can bin off sky sports

13 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Jericho said in an interview the other day that WWE should put the Cruiserweight title on Enzo Amore and I think I agree with him.

He may not be as good a worker as a lot of the other cruiserweights, but it'll bring attention and interest to the division and get people to care about the title which it greatly needs.

I suggested this in a post a while back, and also Xavier Woods should be in the mix. They need personalities, they have enough people that can do suicide dives, they now need proper characters that can drive a show forward and get you invested. If I have to see that absoluteĀ charismaless dullard Tony Nese come out and flex one more time my head will explode.