Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

8 minutes ago, JNLister said:

And the classic of the genre:

J8yGpYW.jpg

And people complain when tag-teams don't wear matching gear. Umaga makes the effort and still gets slated. These guys can't catch a break from you relentless smarks. ;)

I just saw a picture of Sasha wearing a shirt saying "Ego Kills Talent", no idea if this is some brand or her trying to make a shitty statement but it seems like a big problem today in WWE is the lack of ego. Maybe if she had a little more her face character wouldn't have been so awful, if she stood up and went "you're writing's shit, I'm better than this so let's go this way".

40 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

And people complain when tag-teams don't wear matching gear. Umaga makes the effort and still gets slated. These guys can't catch a break from you relentless smarks. ;)

Thats Manu right? The guy who was in Legacy for a bit and couldn't have looked more out of place amongst the chiselled Orton, DiBiase and Cody

There was another photo going round at about the same time - I think involving Edge or his gear - with the common suggestion being that it was something they did to amuse themselves at house shows.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

There was another photo going round at about the same time - I think involving Edge or his gear - with the common suggestion being that it was something they did to amuse themselves at house shows.

If I remember correctly, it was something like Umaga's gear going missing one show and him having to wear Edge tights, and then for the remainder of that house show loop, Rated RKO and Umaga just took it turns dressing up as each other. I'm sure there's a photo of Edge wrestling barefoot a la Umaga from the same tour.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Pac always had the coolest entrance too, you'd never guesSpanish would be the bigger star as he was such an irritating little mug

Was it Rock v Shamrock at KOTR where Trips was doing guest commentary and said "bilingual? I'm bi- a lot of things but lingual ain't one of them.... wait I didn't mean that!" 

If memory serves, he said it about Chyna as she was doing guest commentary with the Spanish announcers.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce
Fuck you, that's why.

8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I just saw a picture of Sasha wearing a shirt saying "Ego Kills Talent", no idea if this is some brand or her trying to make a shitty statement but it seems like a big problem today in WWE is the lack of ego. Maybe if she had a little more her face character wouldn't have been so awful, if she stood up and went "you're writing's shit, I'm better than this so let's go this way".

If she did that then she would probably be punished and would be losing matches to the likes of Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke for a few months. She is probably happy to be giving poorly written promos at the top of the card, rather than being standing up for herself and losing at the bottom.

• Awards Moderator

A few random thoughts I had from the SmackDown house show in Newcastle last night:

- It's been wondered a few times on here what effect dem wans have on the kids in the audiences. If the kid sat near me was anything to go by, it basically means you just get to cheer for who you like most, face or heel, without fear of being 'wrong'. He went for Ziggler over Nakamura, Rowan over Harper and the Usos over American Alpha, but also went for Zayn over Owens, Naomi's team over Natalya's team and Styles and Orton over Mahal.

- His mum had clearly been watching so she could talk to him about who was who and what was going on, but you could tell who the lower card were just from her. Dillinger & Breezango vs Ascension & English was met with "I don't know who any of these ones are" and she hadn't a clue about any of the UK Championship guys (mind, that was true of most of the crowd) - Tyler Bate was thereafter known as "the teeny tiny one, he looks like a little kid".

- This, I feel, was unfair considering the Singh Brothers were out with Mahal for the main event and even Bate would look a giant next to those two. They are TINY. I'm barely exaggerating when I say Randy Orton is twice the size of each of them.

- You could really tell who the main eventers were. The pops for Styles and Orton were leagues ahead of everybody else on the show. The pop for the RKO was immense.

- During that match (a triple threat with Styles, Orton and Mahal) there were big duelling chants for Styles and Orton. Not a cricket for Jinder at any point, he looked okay in there but might as well have not turned up for all it affected what people were enjoying.

- It was bloody cool to see AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura live. They're who I bought my ticket for. Styles is just so good.

- There's something about Luke Harper. He's got an aura of coolness about him - I hope they do something with him.

- Finally, it was really cool watching Kevin Owens get to do some heel stuff and not get cheered for it. He really got everybody riled up, I'm pretty sure one guy was looking to try and take a pop at him as Owens left… there was certainly a sudden security presence around the guy, anyway.

• Paid Members

I'm currently watching the first season of Tough Enough from 2001. Its pretty great watching it with 2017 eyes. Never was that fussed about it when it was originally on, but quite like it for the comedy value. John Gaburick, Taz and Al Snow sitting there like the judges off X Factor is amusing for just how dumb some of their comments are. The WWF/WWE has always been so fucking daft about their hiring process, the idea Al Snow and Taz knows what Vince wants is laughable. The best part is just how much Taz and Josh hate each other from the initial meeting. Josh does a Prince Naseem Hammed style flip into the ring and Taz just hates him for it. And the talking back that Josh does, you can see why he gets so much heat. Also love the type of people who show up to audition. Because wrestling was massive on TV, you get all the type of dicks who show up on Big Brother. People who obviously just want to be on telly.

Jacked-up Jason was a missed opporunity. You can see Kevin Dunn's penis growing when he took his top off.