Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. 

I was at HorrorCon in Sheffield over the weekend and met Elvira. I had to ask her about Wrestlemania 2. This question seemed to totally shock her and made her giggle as she started to reminisce about the event. She did for whatever reason seem convinced it was in 1981 despite me saying otherwise but she did say Jesse Ventura was a great guy, funny, genuine and someone she describes as a sweetheart. She could not compliment anyone else however! She finished off by saying she wanted to track the event down and watch it again now as she had totally forgotten about the experience. Not sure if she will be making the celebrity wing of the HOF anytime soon anyway!  

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Coles84 said:

Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. 

I was at HorrorCon in Sheffield over the weekend and met Elvira. I had to ask her about Wrestlemania 2. This question seemed to totally shock her and made her giggle as she started to reminisce about the event. She did for whatever reason seem convinced it was in 1981 despite me saying otherwise but she did say Jesse Ventura was a great guy, funny, genuine and someone she describes as a sweetheart. She could not compliment anyone else however! She finished off by saying she wanted to track the event down and watch it again now as she had totally forgotten about the experience. Not sure if she will be making the celebrity wing of the HOF anytime soon anyway!  

Elvira was one of the best (which doesn't say much I know), celebrity commentators they ever had. She sounded like she at least had an inkling of what was going on, as opposed to "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh" Susan StJames.

• Paid Members
On 13/05/2017 at 9:45 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

A few random thoughts I had from the SmackDown house show in Newcastle last night:

- There's something about Luke Harper. He's got an aura of coolness about him - I hope they do something with him.

I saw Harper wrestle Ambrose in Sheffield the other year, I was gutted that the view was obscured by people insisting that it was fine for them to stand up because they were on the back row ground level not accepting that they were blocking the view of the first few rows of the tiered seating.

Anyways, I really enjoy Harper's work and I hope they end up using a gimmick I read about once for him.  The idea was that he'd be like a bounty hunter and beat the hell outta guys if they had a bounty on their head.  Sort of like APA but less gambling, booze and cigars.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Louch said:

It's just how Finn poses for pics, in the style of a kid getting its picture taken first day of school 

Cheers!

I see lots of photos of him doing it, and lots of hashtags - but no origin explanation.

Just catching up on ROH and I'll be very surprised if Vince doesn't come calling for Punishment Martinez at some point.

He just fits the type I reckon Vince would love and see money in, looks like a monster but can endear himself to the indie fans too.