Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Was that the short lived Stone Cold Undertaker period? It made no sense having him act like that, it diluted the Austin/McMahon stuff.

It really didn't. It could have and it would now but there was no quelling that audience's desire to see Austin kill McMahon. It was money.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

So I'm going through 1998 WWF at the moment revisiting and I've got to the 1st June 1998 show, night after Over The Edge. 

Was The Undertaker pissed? He seems shitfaced! He turns up looking like a tramp in a tracksuit then he cuts a proper pisshead promo on Vince, slurring all over the gaff. Have I missed something?

Also, is this the first time they humanised him in this way? Stripped back, civvies, no gimmick?

Oh and going from October 1997 to now May 1998, I hate the DX theme so much. And DX to be honest 

Is that the show he minces in to the arena in a jumper and jeans during a DOA Brawl? 

DX are very overrated in history. They had their spell but the shit Pakistani impression and invasion of wcw period is not entertaining. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

If it wasn't for X-Pac, DX would have died a death in 1998. Even the Outlaws do nothing of interest after joining.

Pac is ace and starts having done cracking TV main events. Trips is the least cool person on the planet and is outright offensive in that hideous NY video. All their other skits have aged terribly too.

Pac always had the coolest entrance too, you'd never guess Hunter would be the bigger star as he was such an irritating little mug

Was it Rock v Shamrock at KOTR where Trips was doing guest commentary and said "bilingual? I'm bi- a lot of things but lingual ain't one of them.... wait I didn't mean that!" 

48 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Is that the show he minces in to the arena in a jumper and jeans during a DOA Brawl? 

DX are very overrated in history. They had their spell but the shit Pakistani impression and invasion of wcw period is not entertaining. 

Yep that's the one. Just comes out of the distance like he's been on the lash for 24 hours since Over The Edge, then kicks a few DOA guys, hits Droz then goes to find Vince. It's just a bizarre appearance for him. Yeah DX are terrible. Such a product of its time. 

Saying that, TAFKA Goldust is much more entertaining than I remember. Just never knowing what he was gonna come out as. Quite fun.

Taker forgot to bring his attire apparently, so he had to come out in his normal clothes.

Oh or that could have been another Raw from 1998. Where he comes out in his normal clothes and cuts a 'shoot type' promo on Vince, I think.

Edited by zep81

• Paid Members

Not sure if it's a different incident, but Undertaker had to wrestle in street clothes at Mayhem In Manchester in April 1998, presumably because his gear was lost/mislaid by the airline.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Not sure if it's a different incident, but Undertaker had to wrestle in street clothes at Mayhem In Manchester in April 1998, presumably because his gear was lost/mislaid by the airline.

Sabu lost his gear in 2006 and wrestled in Daivari gear.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I'm so fed up of WWE trying to insist that the WCW Invasion by DX was somehow important and the turning point of the Monday Night Wars.

9 hours ago, Grecian said:

I just watched an In Your House with Diesel vs Owen Hart. Nash just looks like the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

Diesel to me as a kid was the coolest man on the planet with his black and grey outfit, the tassles, the jet black goatee and long black hair. He was the epitome of cool. Especially during his match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania 1996 where he just looks cool as shit during his entrance.

• Paid Members

The best "Undertaker losing his gear" match is the title match he had with Kurt Angle at Survivor Series one year, where he had to wear the Godfather's shiny gold trousers.