Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

3 hours ago, The Dart said:

Scotswizard's still at it on other forums.  He posted a 1,200 word post this morning about Vince Russo, Kevin Owens, X Factor, David Bowie, NXT, Lady Gaga.  The guy's amazing.

is he the fella on digital spy ?

Edited by Jacko

WWE Network has got a new episode of WWE 24 coming up entitled 'Women's Revolution 2'. With them putting much more time into the women's division over the last few years, first time women's matches and recently having them close out one of the biggest PPVs of the year, what do you think the likelihood is that they could make the move into combining the women's titles and launching a specific women's show (even if it is exclusive to the network), or would that be a backwards step in saying that they're not equal to male counterparts?

• Paid Members

I think it would be a backwards step - effectively ghettoising the women as their own separate thing. At the moment, they're going to have the impetus to make the women's division seem significant and meaningful, because they need something for Ronda Rousey to do - beyond her first match, there's nothing there for her if there isn't a strong women's roster to prop her up. Shunting the women into a separate show of their own would take them off the flagship TV shows and on to the Network, at a time when they should want them front and centre as much as possible.

• Paid Members

WWE definitely need to keep the Women on both of the main shows. The more segments they have, the quicker Raw and Smackdown become to watch. 

If anything, I'm sure they'll expand the female rosters fairly soon in order to accommodate a tag team division. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I think it would be a backwards step - effectively ghettoising the women as their own separate thing.

Shush. It would be great. Then I wouldn't have to watch. Putting it on Smackdown would be good as it would mean far less exposure for the male roster, an end to the brand split and be fitting as SD was originally envisaged as a Women's show.

• Paid Members

Having women on only one of the big shows is the worst idea of all, it's nothing like putting the cruisers on one brand. I think the build of the women's division across all the brands and giving them more exposure and importance is one of the few things WWE is doing right. Raw isn't a men's wrestling show, it's the flagship of the whole company, a little girl can't go and not see any women's wrestlers. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Shush. It would be great. Then I wouldn't have to watch. Putting it on Smackdown would be good as it would mean far less exposure for the male roster, an end to the brand split and be fitting as SD was originally envisaged as a Women's show.

I've never thought of it in that way. As in, making one of the current shows women only. That would definitely get a thumbs up from me, as I wouldn't have to try and catch Smackdown in order to see half the male roster. My weekly, current WWE fix from Raw and then the Network when I get an urge to watch some of the older stuff would suit me perfectly.

I'll be annoyed if this doesn't happen now thanks to you Rick. I always imagined if WWE devote a show to the women's division, then it'll mean additional content, not in place of one of the existing shows.

3 hours ago, Call me Bellend said:

Having women on only one of the big shows is the worst idea of all, it's nothing like putting the cruisers on one brand. I think the build of the women's division across all the brands and giving them more exposure and importance is one of the few things WWE is doing right. Raw isn't a men's wrestling show, it's the flagship of the whole company, a little girl can't go and not see any women's wrestlers. 

It worked during the original brand split, but the female roster has a lot more depth now than it did then

Randy Orton v The Undertaker from Wrestlemania 21 is a proper screamer isn’t it?

I watched it again tonight after a few years, and that finishing sequence - basically everything that happens after Bob Orton gets involved with his cast - is a proper thrill ride and I’m only sorry I didn’t watch it I’ve at the time. 

40 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Randy Orton v The Undertaker from Wrestlemania 21 is a proper screamer isn’t it?

I watched it again tonight after a few years, and that finishing sequence - basically everything that happens after Bob Orton gets involved with his cast - is a proper thrill ride and I’m only sorry I didn’t watch it I’ve at the time. 

Sumo match aside, it’s a very good Wrestlemania. 

I was convinced Orton was going over too and I wouldn’t have minded that either, it was the perfect time.

The build up all started with the RKO to Stacy Keibler didn’t it?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Sumo match aside, it’s a very good Wrestlemania. 

I was convinced Orton was going over too and I wouldn’t have minded that either, it was the perfect time.

The build up all started with the RKO to Stacy Keibler didn’t it?

Wasn’t Randy still doing his “Legend Killer” gimmick back then?