Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Was thinking about how much I'd like to see an opposite of NXT. Like the same hour format but for veterans rather than newer guys. Road Dogg, Bubba, Rhyno, X-Pac etc. Have it less scripted and I think it could be a good laugh. Have Flair rambling as GM. Just use the NXT set and change the LED's. Bring back the old 90's tag belts of course.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

I'd like to see them have more experienced guys in NXT working their way back. Like Rhyno did. They have had other older guys but it's normally guys like Roode and Young who are late to their party or like Ohno who is never going beyond NXT. I don't think they've explored the potential in redemption type stories.

12 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Or any number of low-rent indies, masquerading as Attitude era knock-offs. I'm not saying there isn't an audience for it, but I'm not sure on the shelf life beyond a one-off. 

Yeh it'd be great, but only as a one off special, or a yearly event and I'm surprised they haven't done anything like that on the Network yet.  As a series though, nah.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Anyone ever watch Off the Record with Michael Landsberg when he has wrestlers on? 

He knows his stuff and has a good rapport with the wrestlers.

Some good interviews with Bret Hart, Vince McMahon, Austin, Undertaker et al.

Very handsome too.

yeh, they used to be goto drunk viewing for me. Them interviews were ahead of their time. Landsberg is a right cunt but he's great at what he does.

• Paid Members

Do a tournament or something for the veterans over the summer?

Do you reckon Jushin Thunder Liger will retire, or will they just stick somebody else under the gimmick and hope nobody notices?

• Paid Members

No chance they'll try and pass someone else off as Liger. It'd be nice if he could hand the gimmick over to someone new when he retires, though, especially if that person is given the freedom to put their own spin on it.

As good as Liger still is, he said a couple of years ago that he thought he only had about five years left, and said that he won't do another Battle of the Super Juniors. I suspect he'll do a pretty full-on extended retirement tour, though.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Do a tournament or something for the veterans over the summer?

Now, as a one-off I could get behind that. Maybe even give the winner a world title shot at one of the autumn PPVs when things are normally on auto-pilot? Could create a nice one-shot challenger. You could send them off to do the Rocky-style training videos, giving it one last shot in the twilight of their career, and you get an interesting dynamic for a unique title match, All you have to do is a spot to tease them beating the champion and you've got the audience to buy in within the match.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Now, as a one-off I could get behind that. Maybe even give the winner a world title shot at one of the autumn PPVs when things are normally on auto-pilot? Could create a nice one-shot challenger. You could send them off to do the Rocky-style training videos, giving it one last shot in the twilight of their career, and you get an interesting dynamic for a unique title match, All you have to do is a spot to tease them beating the champion and you've got the audience to buy in within the match.

Even just an IC/US title shot. Could be a good rub for an up and comer like Corbin or somesuch to put away a legend if something is made of it. Something similar could be done with some tag teams as well, although they normally end up getting a little nostalgia run now and again anyway.A bracket of veterans and a bracket of NXT guys for the Crockett Cup Dusty Classic.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Facebook Memories reminded me today of one of my favourite wrestling facts;

Terry Funk had his first wrestling match the year The Undertaker was born, and his most recent wrestling match six months after The Undertaker's last.

• Paid Members

.... and we’re all doomed again.

Seriously, the fuck is that about? The only fuckers who’ll stand in the queue are big slinky apples. No normal person or child will be arsed, just adult  slinks. Horrid.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi