Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

6 minutes ago, Joey Joe Joe said:

I am surprised no one has suggested Russo for Jarrett (god could you imagine how terrible it would be to give Vinnie Ru a Microphone at a WWE event now days?).

I know JJ was incredibly close to Owen, was he close with Bret at all?

Blow Russo - Lets have Mongo do it. he can even bring the dog with him

• Paid Members

I have just finished reading Daniel Bryan's autobiography.  This got me thinking, I don't think I've enjoyed a wrestlers run in any company at any point more than I did Bryan in 2012-2014.  Highlights include:
-  Killer match at Extreme Rules 2012 against Sheamus
-  Spring/early summer WWE title feud with CM Punk
-  Team Hell No skits
-  TLC 2012 against the Sheild with Kane and Rybak
-  WM 29 against Ziggler and Big E (Team Hell no yes'ing together at the end was excellent)
-  Killer Team Hell No V Reigns and Rollns match from Extreme Rules 2013 
-  Match against Orton on Raw June or July 2013 when he was proving he wasn't "the weak link", and kept on fighting despite the match legitimately being stopped.
-  Pre Summerslam promo against Cena: "I would love to take this hand and slap you, but you don't deserve it because you are not a wrestler"
-  Summerslam v Cena
-  Turn on the Wyatt family in the cage on Raw, January 2014 
-  Match v Wyatt at Royal Rumble 2014
-  WM30

I loved Austin 1996-1999, Styles 2004-2006, and HBK 2002-2009, but Bryan in 2012-2014 has to be my favourite run.  If only WWE could have someone that over now as he was in 2014.

• Paid Members

Cornette? Does Lawler host the HOF ceremony? If he doesn't then he'd be a good choice to induct Jarrett as they worked together down in Memphis in the early days. Road Dogg would be a good choice as well.

• Paid Members

I think it'll likely be Tommy Dreamer inducting the Dudleys, unless there's someone they were matey with backstage we haven't thought of that they want doing it, or they rope in someone like Edge just to get another "name" on the show.

Heyman's rumoured to be inducting Goldberg, apparently, which seems a little out of left-field, though I've heard he was instrumental in arranging his comeback.

Lawler would make the most sense to induct Jarrett, but he's likely hosting the same thing, so I suspect it'll be AJ Styles, given that they've used him already to put over Jarrett as a guy who helped build stars.

Ivory, who knows? I'd say they should try and get one of the cast of GLOW in and try and jump on that bandwagon, but I don't see it.

Is there a more convincing wrestler in the world at the moment than WALTER? After seeing him rock up unannounced at Fight Club on Friday I've been having a bit of a marathon of his matches I managed to miss over the past year or so and he's ridiculously good. Every single thing he does looks like it hurts and he exudes such a legitimate aura. 

Massive fucking hands as well.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I'd quite like to see Spike induct the Dudleys, that'd be nice. If not him then the Duchess of Dudleyville obviously :)

Maybe one or both of the Hardys or Edge and/or Christian if Heyman's inducting Goldberg. 

• Paid Members

I can't see it being Stacy inducting the Dudleys, I'm sure I've seen a few times Bubba mention they didn't enjoy working with her in WWE. 

Rhyno maybe? Dreamer seems very caught up in this NWA venture. 

I'd bloody love Joel Gertner though. Its Hall of Fame on the network, surely they can get away with a bit of Gertner innuendo for an evening?