Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

You don't know you're born. When I were a lad and wanted wrestling-related fun, I had to chew on broken glass and set myself on fire before throwing myself through a table - and that was my breakfast, too.

Luxury! We had to make our own figures, of Nailz and only Nailz, out of gravel until our hands bled. And we had to pay Vince McMahon for the privilege! 

• Paid Members

Re : casket matches. Kleenex box. Which perfectly tied in to me being a stereotype of splitting my time between wrestling related activities and wanking.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SiWri said:

Luxury! We had to make our own figures, of Nailz and only Nailz, out of gravel until our hands bled. And we had to pay Vince McMahon for the privilege! 

And if you tell youngsters today, they won't believe you...

• Paid Members

There used to be a stall on Barnsley market when I were a kid that sold toys that were never a commercial success over here, and older toys that had gone out of fashion. Toys like the Toxic Crusader figures and Bucky O'Hare. I had shit loads of them, and believe that some of them would be worth a pretty penny if still boxed today.

Anyway, I remember seeing a Beatlejuice playset on the stall that had a Beetlejuice figure and a big coffin/burial site to put him him. I nagged my told Nannan for weeks to get me it, purely to use the coffin for casket matches! Loved it.

11 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Anyway, I remember seeing a Beatlejuice playset on the stall that had a Beetlejuice figure and a big coffin/burial site to put him him. I nagged my told Nannan for weeks to get me it, purely to use the coffin for casket matches! Loved it.

I had that. You'd even have been able to do Taker's vanishing gimmick, using its built-in magic trick.

20 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Lego, obviously. With wheels and a hinged lid.

Look, if you're going to go to the bother of making a clay briefcase for IRS, you're not going to half-arse it with the Deadman.

I made one in Year 7 woodwork technology classes. Nice veneer for finish. Didn’t put any wheels on it though. Got some funny looks when I handed that in. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Winston said:

I'm still massively disappointed Neville hasn't reappeared yet.

Can't believe they haven't done their upmost to try sort things out and get him back.

Any updates on him?

Only this from dopper recently.

For some reason, it crossed my mind that I think Coheed & Cambria could do a cracking version of Shinsuke Nakamura's theme song. Claudio doing a vocal alongside the violin melody and that.

But I know that for many it would be sacrilege to mess with what he has now. So what we clearly need is another Forceable Entry/Reckless Intent!

Then he could just use it for six weeks then bin it off, like that weird one Big Show had that started with some plinky piano.

What are some of your favourite C-tier bands that could do alt themes for current superstars?

This is on topic but also off..

watching one born every minute with the wife.. There is a couple on there that met at a wrestling show in Birmingham. From the way he was talking I got the impression he may be on here. He’s called Sam and has a big beard and glasses. So if he is..

Heart goes out to you and your wife buddy about your first born! I’ve been in similar circumstances not 100% but close enough. Congratulations on the birth of your new born!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Simpo said:

For some reason, it crossed my mind that I think Coheed & Cambria could do a cracking version of Shinsuke Nakamura's theme song. Claudio doing a vocal alongside the violin melody and that.

But I know that for many it would be sacrilege to mess with what he has now. So what we clearly need is another Forceable Entry/Reckless Intent!

Then he could just use it for six weeks then bin it off, like that weird one Big Show had that started with some plinky piano.

What are some of your favourite C-tier bands that could do alt themes for current superstars?

Should do this as a thread, man. Give it a shot!

• Paid Members

Yeah, I agree with carbomb, her it set up as a separate thread, could be fun. Be good to get folks to share some music examples from YouTube though, especially if the band are obscure and if a particular song is the reason for the reference.

• Paid Members

I've been re-watching WrestleMania VI today and there were 14 matches on the card. That's the same number I expect this year's show to have. Yet 'Mania 6 is only 3 hours and 35 minutes, and 'Mania 34 will probably last around 7 hours. Surely if you want to book that amount of matches, the sweet spot would lie somewhere in the middle, at around the 5 hour total mark? The matches wouldn't be too brief, but the show wouldn't be full of complete filler either.