UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nate has weighed in at 170.5llbs. He certainly looks bigger than he did last time. 

If Mcgregor can pull it off it will be an amazing feat considering come fight night Diaz will probably have 15 to 20llbs on him.

Predictions wise I'm going for Mcgregor TKO, Johnson KO/TKO, and Rick Story.

That said, Glover looks in phenomenal shape so I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Rumble. 

196 or 200 you could press the red button if you were watching BT Sport and watch the weigh ins, that might be only cause I have BT YouView but it came on last time and worked just as well.

Diaz says he only wants big money fights now even suggesting Woodley should fight Alvarez because nobody knows who they are. The money fights are only really GSP who would ragdoll him around the cage, maybe Cerone 2 who said he's ended that beef and maybe BJ Penn but he's not on a great run, Pettis and Lawler I would put on the next tier down as far as being stars.

I'm going with.

Diaz via sub

Rumble via decision

Cerrone via decision

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong about the Main Event, but my opinion has stayed the same since the rematch was first announced. I just feel that McGregor has to be flawless for 25 minutes, which I don't see him doing. 

• Paid Members

Predictions wise I'm going for Mcgregor TKO, Johnson KO/TKO, and Rick Story.

Pretty much how I see it going. Except I'm actually thinking McGregor on points. I think he'll get the better of the early rounds and build up a strong points lead but Nate will be tough enough take it and maybe come on strong late but it'll be too late. Just a hunch but that's kind of how I see it playing out. Who the fuck knows with this one though. Wouldn't be surprised if Nate goes 2-0 but I think McGregor will be better about picking his shots this time. I think a combination of him being more patient plus Nate's durability means we could see it go the distance. I have a hard time picturing McGregor stopping Diaz but much stranger things have happened.

I've got;

McGregor points

Rumble KO

Story points

That said, Glover looks in phenomenal shape so I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Rumble.

My worry with Glover is his chin isn't the best. He's a fucking animal offensively but he gets sloppy defensively at times. Maldonado rocked him and Maldonado was badly hurt at the time and isn't the heaviest puncher as it is. He had Glover wobbly legged. Bader also rocked him. It's these lapses in defence that make me really doubt his chances here. Rumble is not only powerful as fuck, he's accurate and fast enough to capitalise on any openings Glover leaves and jumping on any mistake he makes.

I'd love to see Glover clobber him. Glover's awesome, seems like a top bloke, and Rumble's a woman beating twat. I'd love to see Glover put a beating on him. If he can get through the initial burst, who knows, maybe he can take over. Especially if he can get Rumble down. Glover has the grappling to give Rumble fits if he can get him on the ground. But he's not the best takedown guy and I can just see Rumble catching him coming in and ending him.

I can see it being a 2 minute shootout with Glover getting caught and put away sadly.

• Paid Members

i wouldn't say Glover has a bad chin, he's been wobbled a few times but he was only stopped once in his entire career and that was his first fight. That said, good chin or bad chin against Rumble is irrelevant, if he hits you, you go out.

Thanks to those who sent congrats a page back or so that wasn't what I was intending in similar fashion to Supremo over in the general thread!

This weeks been all great for me, you know when everything just falls perfect nicely and with that I get a feeling Connor's winning, don't call me Mystic Sean though :p Stick some money on that. 

In all seriousness though weigh-ins could be hugely telling, still feel Connors that obsessed he'll get the job done. But as people keep mentioning Nate shares much of Connor's abilities and is capable of capitalizing on all of his weaknesses, so intriguing. 

• Paid Members

I'm going Diaz by sub. I desperately want McGregor to win, but I just can't see it. I feel Diaz has the chin to withstand McGregor's best shots and I don't see much different happening to the first fight. Hope I'm wrong!

That Perry guy, Jesus.  :laugh: Arianny couldn't have been less impressed with Perry doing the round of high fives. What a try hard. Conversely, Lim was the definition of cool.

I think all the work Conor put in might buy him another round. Diaz by R3 Sub. And I love Conor, and would love nothing more than to see him avenge that loss and re-establish himself as the biggest star in the game. The fact is though, Conor lauched his best at Diaz, connected clean on many, many occasions, and all it really took from Nate was a quick 1-2 combo to have Conor scrambling for a takedown.

Regardless of how hard McGregor has trained, all those physical disadvantages are still there. He'll still need to leap into shots to catch the taller, rangier Diaz on the chin. He still weighed in at 168, while Nate looked huge and still has that granite chin, which Conor will still need to throw his most powerful shots to affect. He does look a bit leaner and more muscular, which is why I think his cardio will keep him alive for an extra round. But unless Conor somehow got taller, grew longer arms, or became a jujitsu master in his training, I sadly don't see a different result.

Please make me look like a fool, Conor.

Archived