UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

i know no other fight on the card is being talked about this Ariel interview is worth a little look:

gives you a little insight into how much a failed drug test can affect a fighter, worse considering it was a case of Means taking a supplement you could buy over the counter.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just worked my way through the Embedded series, great watch. It really struck me how fired up Conor was backstage after the water bottles, kind of put paid to the idea it was a stunt or staged in any way. He wouldn't even have clocked the cameras on him and he was kicking off.

Last time I recall seeing a fighter so riled up right before a fight, I watched her get her face kicked off by Holly Holm in Melbourne.

I think that's a really interesting point. Far from being, "The Joker," who's winding everyone up and laughing his tits off, like he did with Poirier, Mendes and Aldo, Conor seems to be the more emotional fighter this time, which I don't think bodes well.

One of his biggest mistakes in the last fight was not being fluid, not mixing up his strikes, and only focusing on the knock out punch that never came. Going into the rematch emotional is very unlikely to lend itself to a calm, varied, fluid approach. The weigh in will be the true test, if he looks anywhere near as rattled as Ronda did in Australia the I won't have high hopes for him on Saturday.

• Paid Members

Personally I would only pay attention to Mcgregor's demeanour Supremo during the walk in and whilst he's stood in the octagon. If he looks riled up there and emotional then it may be a cause for concern. Outside of that, I don't think it matters one bit to Mcgregor.

The one time Mcgregor wasn't intense and emotional was during his only loss in the UFC, during the Diaz weigh in. Every other weigh in he's come out and looked like he was ready for war. Last time against Diaz he came onto the scales full of smiles and look how it turned out. 

On top of that, the last time people thought someone got into Mcgregor's head and the betting lines changed was after the Aldo weigh in.

I hope he comes out to the weigh in's with the same intensity he showed at the Dublin Weigh in's.

• Paid Members

It's very hard to judge because Conor plays up for the camera's so much. The weigh-in's are gonna be intense.

there's some good little interview video's over on the BT Sports youtube channel, worth a look if you're after some more hype.

nice to see Conor be interviewed without an audience there expecting a show, still comes off as a humble guy when you strip away the fight promotion mode.

Yeah, to clarify my earlier comment, I wasn't saying I thought it was staged at all, just addressing the rumour doing the rounds suggesting it was. Dana addressed it in an interview and said much the same, too dangerous to be staged.

Tell you what, the hype has gone into overdrive this week. Extremely interested in the weigh-ins (which I normally don't give a toss about).

• Paid Members

Are they on BT this time? McGregor weigh ins are usually on there live.

Looking at the guide it's not. Although crazily the bad blood promo is on 11 till Midnight followed by a random episode of Ultimate insider?? 

• Paid Members

Ta, lamby, can't check the EPG at the minute.

Haven't had chance to watch any of the build up this week. Not Embedded, not the can lobbing press conference, not the interviews, nothing. Yesterday's presser was the talk of the town at work today though, amongst the usuals who watch MMA/boxing and even a couple I never expected to have an MMA conversation with. The hype started late for this one but it's heated up nicely now.

I know he's a busy man but I think Helwani really missed a trick by not doing his special sitdown/walk around interviews with McGregor and Diaz for this.

• Paid Members

Do we think Conor will go back to using Notorious B.I.G. for his entrance music? After that shit he used last time, he deserved to lose!

God I fucking hope so. This may sound ridiculous but as soon as that shit music kicked in everything felt off and I had a feeling he was losing..simply because of that shit track!

I think it came around as DMX did some narration for some video and I'm guessing Mcgregor agreed to use his track as a thank you.

As Wand says, his normal walk out is incredible. 

Archived