UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny I watched it again for the first time the other day and thought it was closer than I remembered. It was a really good fight actually, much better than I remember. 

Real bummer for me is that I'm managing an event at the weekend and staying in a hotel that probably won't have BT Sport. Not sure it's possible to remain spoiler free for two whole days as far as McGregor is concerned.

It's funny I watched it again for the first time the other day and thought it was closer than I remembered. It was a really good fight actually, much better than I remember. 

Real bummer for me is that I'm managing an event at the weekend and staying in a hotel that probably won't have BT Sport. Not sure it's possible to remain spoiler free for two whole days as far as McGregor is concerned.

Up until about the halfway point of the second half it was all McGregor, the blood coming from Diaz really summed up the fight for me.

One thing I will say upon rewatch is Diaz's jaw didn't even look close to giving out and McGregor's left bomb landed many times. Diaz was getting very beat up though and if the fight would have gone on much longer McGregor would have got the stoppage and that's how I see this weekend going; McGregor wearing him down from the start to win about rd3.

I feel McGregor has more angles to offer than what was shown in this fight where I kind of feel Diaz is going to go in the exact same approach, just grind out punishment until he see's an opening. Every time it goes to ground though McGregor is suspect, he talks about his ground game so much but we have yet to actually see any of it

• Paid Members

I'm amazed at how many people are acting like McGregor can't win this fight. All they seem to remember is the finish. I get why people would pick Diaz to win again. Absolutely. But it feels like a lot of people are seeing it as already in the bag for Nate and that McGregor needs a miracle to win. I don't get it. As said, McGregor was battering him for a good chunk of the fight. And Diaz has never been the most consistent in form from fight to fight as it is. Nate's had great performances before and looked shit in other fights. I don't really know why people suddenly have this belief in him that he's got this one sewn up already.

I'm actually fancying McGregor to win. I could see Diaz catching him again of course, but it's far from the foregone conclusion some are making it out as.

Unfortunately some big exam results pending Thursday are getting in the way of my hype for this event. However I still don't know who's winning it, Connors a freak, obsessed he could quite easily come out totally different and stun the world again. But Nates got the ability to beat him as proved last time round..

• Paid Members

Fully agree Wand - as much of a fanboy I am of McGregor, I do favour him here. Not hugely, but Nate has always been inconsistent.Nate's been doing more media now too and does sound like he may have a tough weight cut (if he was telling the truth). And Conor seems 100% focused. What if the media & fame has gotten to Nate's head (even a little bit) this time?

It'll be tense as fuck either way - this is why I love this sport.

• Paid Members

Crucially, McGregor said on that Bad Blood show that he's training specifically for Diaz, which he admits he normally doesn't do. McGregor with a legit game plan to negate the opposition and make his own offence thrive, at the right moment, will be interesting to watch.

I'm still going with Nate, but aye, it's a fight with a lot of unanswerable questions until early Sunday morning.

• Paid Members

Another factor Connor has is $$$$$. He can spend an insane amount on a training camp (which it looks like he has), he seems to have gone for a money is not a problem approach to his training, things like this make all the difference

To be fair, since he hit the big time, this has always been his approach. He's known for flying his entire team out and putting them up in plush housing for the duration of a camp.

Archived