UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, Lobov strikes me as the kind of guy who looks good against certain styles of fighters, but is the drizzling shits otherwise.

Yeah, he just kinda stands there with his hands down hoping to land a bomb. Poor technique.

• Paid Members

Apparently, Neil Magny offered to step in to fight Daniel Cormier on a day's notice at UFC 200. That's a fucking welterweight offering to step up against the 205 champ who was also a top heavyweight.

This is from the mouth of Joe Silva on the Fight Network. Magny must be nuts. Still, he'd probably have done better than 2016 Anderson Silva.

Apparently, Neil Magny offered to step in to fight Daniel Cormier on a day's notice at UFC 200. That's a fucking welterweight offering to step up against the 205 champ who was also a top heavyweight.

This is from the mouth of Joe Silva on the Fight Network. Magny must be nuts. Still, he'd probably have done better than 2016 Anderson Silva.

I can't be the only one who thought Anderson did okay considering? 

• Paid Members

He did very well to go the distance. Considering he was coming in on a day or so notice, wasn't in shape, was going up in weight to fight the 205 champ who was also his nightmare style opponent, plus his age etc it was kind of a moral victory that he saw the final bell. But he still got completely dominated and arguably dropped two rounds 10-8 if I'm remembering it right. He got in hardly any offence bar that one brief spell. It was a prolonged squash match basically.

Oh yeah, they're doing a Bad Blood special for Diaz vs McGregor 2. It's on BT Sport this week, Wednesday I think. Should be up on YouTube sooner than that.

He did very well to go the distance. 

All the credit in the world to Anderson for stepping up on short notice the way he did, but you can't really credit him for going the distance when that was Cormier's game plan. I'm having trouble recalling a time where a fighter was so blatantly trying to ride out the 15 minutes like DC was. Just doing enough to avoid being stood up.

To me, saying "Anderson did very well to go the distance" is like saying "Fighter X did very well to avoid getting submitted by Rumble Johnson there."

It sounded like a crazy fight on paper, but when you break it down it was always going to be a clunker. Neither fighter wanted to engage the other where they were strongest.

They are like polar opposite fighters, which rarely makes a good fight.

I think Exhibition is the perfect way to describe that fight, now I'm not implying for one second that they went in their with no intention of winning or knocking the other guy out but both men knew the fight was a put together at last minute filler, both of them knew that fights job was to 'put on a show for the people' and that's why I think it ended up like it did; DC playing it ultra safe and Silva just happy to run down the clock.

For what it's worth I enjoyed watching it live but it's not a fight I ever see myself revisiting anytime soon

Archived