UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jericho hardly embarrassed himself with his response

He embarrassed himself by responding at all. They're all just boosting McGregors profile & giving him more press. As wrestlers you'd assume they'd know that.

He embarrassed himself by responding at all. They're all just boosting McGregors profile & giving him more press. As wrestlers you'd assume they'd know that.
I think that maybe they are trying to get the rub from his popularity perhaps? They reply to him in the hope of getting quoted when buzzfeed write an article on this.

I think WWE are loving this right now. Admittedly people like Flair are getting worked up about it.

• Paid Members

I think that maybe they are trying to get the rub from his popularity perhaps? They reply to him in the hope of getting quoted when buzzfeed write an article on this.

I think WWE are loving this right now. Admittedly people like Flair are getting worked up about it.

I think McGregor is the only one getting a rub here: 12-15 different WWE guys tweeting his name to all their followers.

• Paid Members

Protecting the business, brother.

In Flair's defence, I've seen a lot of articles pop up and what not that he "owned" McGregor with his retort. Personally, I think the whole thing has been wonderful for all involved. If wrestlers said nowt it would proper make them seem like wimps.

I don't think so on Mcgregor's end but I have read that WWE have told their talent to respond with the thought that there may be an angle down the line, I always got the impression McGregor had zero interest in a wwe appearance and I think that was part of the reason he said what he did.

Funny thing is (thanks to timehop) it was this time last year that Dana White wound up a load of fans and wrestlers with his remarks on twitter, it's almost as if UFC do this every now and again to get noticed by the 'smart' wrestling fans....

Is Conor not just laying down the tracks for a Wrestlemania appearance?

Most likely, yeah. Part of the Brock deal possibly?

Hilariously we're seeing lots of pro wrestling fans, the types who look down on the MMA fans who don't "get it", actually buying into the replies by the WWE guys as legit. It's so fucking obvious that they're playing along.

• Paid Members

has Conor ever claimed to be a wrestling fan?

He is - he watched during the attitude era when was a kid.  In his first UFC post-fight interview he said he felt like Steve Austin out there. In one of his "Notorious" documentary episodes he did the Vince strut and sang "No chance in hell" - that's not something you know through osmosis.

I don't think he's slagging them off for any other reason that to create a shitstorm - i.e. no angle or WM appearance planned or talked about yet whatsoever. If WWE was involved at all, he wouldn't be saying they're all messed up on steroids.

And 01:24 of this clip:

Archived