UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Can't see him rocking up to WWE. There would be better ways to go about it than calling the roster 'Pussies' to get the ball rolling.

I'm betting he's just trying to secure some more buys for the Nate fight. Doesn't matter if they like him or hate him, as long as they pay.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm betting he's just trying to secure some more buys for the Nate fight. Doesn't matter if they like him or hate him, as long as they pay.

Exactly - I don't think it was anything to do with a future angle. He got 15+ WWE guys tweeting his name to their 10's of millions of total followers - he's the only winner here. They looked like jabronis who can't spot when they're being worked - except Jericho. They should have ignored him, or at least been clever with a reply - troll him back instead, like Jericho did.

Reigns & Styles using the "size" thing was dumb. Especially since AJ has spent his career being labelled too small, and is actually 2" shorter than McGregor. And Reigns just got busted for PEDs, so boasting about being more jacked than someone is probably not clever. And Mark Henry saying he'd kick his ass on the streets because there are no rules was just sad. Last time I checked, being a 45 year old weightlifter with shot knees doesn't inherently make you a good fighter - he must have missed UFC 1. Although I'd love to see that fight...

• Paid Members

I think you are the one who is looking into this a bit to much. It's publicity for all concerned. Anyone who thinks the wrestlers were seriously rattled is the one being 'worked'.

Who said they were "seriously rattled"? They over-reacted on Twitter to something they should have ignored, and 90% of them came off looking stupid. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Paid Members

The bout order's finally set.

PPV MAIN CARD

Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor

Glover Teixeira vs Anthony Johnson

Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story

Hyun Gyu Lim vs Mike Perry

Tim Means vs Sabah Homasi

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Cody Garbrandt vs Takeya Mizugaki

Raquel Pennington vs Elizabeth Phillips

Artem Lobov vs Chris Avila

Randa Markos vs Cortney Casey

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Neil Magny vs Lorenz Larkin

Colby Covington vs Max Griffin

Alberto Uda vs Marvin Vettori

• Paid Members

Do we think a win here gets Garbrandt a title shot against Cruz, or does he still need another win of two to be in contention?

I see Cruz has talked about potentially fighting him recently with the whole Alpha Male beef. Not seen much of Garbrandt but hear good things!

• Paid Members

I'd say there's a decent shot at that if Garbrandt beats Mizugaki. If you look at the rankings on UFC.com, Garbrandt is currently at #8.

Champion - Dominick Cruz

1 - TJ Dillashaw

2 - Urijah Faber

3 - Raphael Assuncao

4 - Bryan Caraway

5 - John Lineker

6 - Aljamain Sterling

7 - Michael McDonald

8 - Cody Garbrandt

Looking at the guys above him there - McDonald just lost to Lineker, Sterling just lost to Caraway, Assuncao just lost to Dillashaw and Faber just lost to Cruz. So we can rule them out.

That leaves Dillashaw, Caraway, Lineker and Garbrandt. Dillashaw is the frontrunner but still, Cruz beat him just 8 months ago. Caraway isn't very interesting as a challenger or from a promotional standpoint. Lineker probably has a chance of getting the shot because he's so exciting. But Garbrandt, if he beats Mizugaki, has an undefeated record and that ready made built in Team Alpha Male rivalry with Cruz. I'd say it's between Dillashaw and Garbrandt. Dillashaw is ranked 1 but he didn't look that good really against Assuncao at 200. If Garbrandt can beat Mizugaki impressively, especially coming off the first round KO over Thomas Almeida, he could definitely nab it. There's a reason the UFC haven't really committed to anything regarding Cruz vs Dillashaw 2 and I think it's because they're waiting to see what happens with Garbrandt vs Mizugaki before making a decision.

• Paid Members

The bout order's finally set.

PPV MAIN CARD

Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor

Glover Teixeira vs Anthony Johnson

Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story

Hyun Gyu Lim vs Mike Perry

Tim Means vs Sabah Homasi

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Cody Garbrandt vs Takeya Mizugaki

Raquel Pennington vs Elizabeth Phillips

Artem Lobov vs Chris Avila

Randa Markos vs Cortney Casey

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Neil Magny vs Lorenz Larkin

Colby Covington vs Max Griffin

Alberto Uda vs Marvin Vettori

I'm more invested in every one of the main prelims and the FP prelim main event than I am the first 2 fights on the main card.

Tells you something about how they put cards together nowadays. Not a complaint, just an observation. 

Archived