UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way everyone is so certain of Nate winning again, I'd love nothing more than Conor blitzing him.

A Conor win opens more possibilities down the line, which is what most fans will want I reckon. If he loses he's likely going to be shoehorned back into the 145lbs division to face Aldo again, which isn't quite as attractive.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Dana said at the press conference that McGregor is either defending his belt next or vacating it. Wonder if he wins if he bothers losing all that weight again? What with Edgar losing, he's really got nowt to prove and as David typed, Aldo is one of the least interesting options for McGregor, coming off a Diaz win.

Anyway...

The difference in both men is staggering. Diaz as always is laid back, while McGregor seems a bit tense and agitated.

• Paid Members

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Diaz knows he's making bank no matter what, but McGregor is fighting to remain the super draw. McGregor talked about basically maintaining his composure and not getting too emotional the time the fight arrives, which he admitted he was last time and it meant he played too much to the crowd and the occasion. We'll see, but he seems rattled.

• Paid Members

Yeah, this is the most emotional I think we've ever seen McGregor.

Fuck me, he's one of a kind though isn't he!? It's easy to forget that he's a 28 year old that's gone from unknown to mega star in 3 years. The confidence he has in himself as a fighter and a person is just unmatched. You put me on that stage in front of those people and I'd crumble like a little girl.

"Like I said, fuck team Diaz! And if you're down with team Diaz, then fuck you too!" mic drop ...

• Paid Members

What I took from Mcgregor's agitation during the post work out interview was that he's ready for a war. He's itching to go and driven more so than ever before. Mcgregor looks in phenomenal shape too. 

It's this drive that will get him through the fight for me and we could see him blitz Diaz. I actually think Diaz is coming across a bit too relaxed.

One day out and i'm struggling to contain the excitement.

Here's embedded ep 5, with the press conference aftermath. Brilliant!

To be fair, he blitzed Diaz last time. But, the big dopes granite chin hampered its effectiveness.

I reckon Diaz wins again. As good as the first round was for Conor last time, he was still winging punches, unable to really nullify Diaz's length advantage. Even during the first round last time I was thinking 'sake, he's just too tall'.

I think the one thing that cost Conor the fight was Diaz's height and that hasn't changed.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched any of the Embedded or Open Workouts yet. Is Ido Portal not around? Has there been no Touch Butt in the park?

He's been around all camp by the looks of it. No training in the park though that we've seen.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched any of the Embedded or Open Workouts yet. Is Ido Portal not around? Has there been no Touch Butt in the park?

He's been around all camp by the looks of it. No training in the park though that we've seen.

Yeah, you can see him getting kicked out of the media room by Nate at 0:30 here:

I knowwww ...

• Paid Members

finally got on board with Embedded and Bad Blood this afternoon, that did the trick, great stuff. I finish work at 2 tomorrow afternoon, it's squeaky bum time after that. Roll on Sunday.

Just worked my way through the Embedded series, great watch. It really struck me how fired up Conor was backstage after the water bottles, kind of put paid to the idea it was a stunt or staged in any way. He wouldn't even have clocked the cameras on him and he was kicking off.

Last time I recall seeing a fighter so riled up right before a fight, I watched her get her face kicked off by Holly Holm in Melbourne.

• Paid Members

Nah i dont in any way think it was staged, i just think Diaz decided to mess with Conor because Conor messed him about. Dana looked legit pissed off by the whole thing though.

Exactly. No way the new owners would have allowed full cans to be thrown towards fans & reporters. If they wanted to stage something, they could have made it far less risky from a public liability perspective.

Archived