UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Diaz/McGregor III, in December/January, with the winner going on to either face the 155 champion or a top contender. If they did feel inclined to break up the trilogy, I'd love to see Conor win the 155 title and then the 3rd fight be for a belt. Though, I guess it depends on how much a potential loss to Eddie would damage the third fight.

This is similar to how I want things to go. With Cerrone calling out Alvarez for the MSG card, and with Conor needing a good few months off if he's got a broken foot, I'd say go ahead with Cerrone/Alvarez with the winner facing Conor in March or around then.

I'd love a Cerrone/McGregor fight, you know that one would have a good build up, and would deliver in terms of the fight. Cerrone seems to be pretty irked by McGregor.

I believe Diaz when he says he won't come back for any other fight, so no risk of him losing. The Diaz fight can happen after the 155 title fight and would be huge either way.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm severely sleep deprived, but there's a quote about a man being too stupid to know he's hurt, and being incredibly dangerous because of it. That's Nate Diaz. Just keeps on going forward and throwing.

Thought Conor had done enough to take it, glad the judges saw it the same way. Roll on the rubber fight.

Read that Conor will be paid $3m for that fight, and Nate $2m. Good business all around.

I don't see the Conor McGregor train lasting much longer, to be honest.

I don't think he's the sort of fighter who's going to hang around for long trading wins with lesser stars than him, particularly when he's sitting on Scrooge McDuck money. And, I just can't see him going on a tear through the top reaches of 155. The Nate Diaz rematch isn't a gimme; Eddie Alvarez just finished murdering RDA, who is himself a fucking murder; Donald is great (if he goes back to 155).

I reckon we've probably only got around 3 McGregor fights left.

• Paid Members

There's so many options in that 155/170 range it's crazy. I forgot all about Cerrone calling out Alvarez. I'd be all over that rematch.

And yeah, Cerrone vs McGregor needs to happen at some point. As soon as they started going back and forth at that Go Big presser that fight became a thing that needed to happen.

"If he comes up to 155 I'm gonna bend him over and knock the fucking Lucky Charms out of him".

Lighter weight fighters tend to peak young.

That being said, I'm a bit more confident in McGregor's chances at 155lbs after last night. He put dents in a much bigger man, and one that is known for his durability. I'm not sure if smaller fighters would have stood up to McGregor's onslaught as well. McGregor also managed to survive some really dicey moments. While Diaz is no power puncher - he does attack in volume, and is one the best finishers in the game. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of RDA, Cerrone and Alvarez beat McGregor, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the reverse happened. I'd be well up for 3rd fight though. That's where the most money and enjoyment are at. 

Diaz is a natural 155er, but he looked especially big coming into this bout. Diaz also had a run at Welterweight years before the McGregor bouts. I've always had the feeling that he's caught between a rock and a hard place between Lightweight and Welterweight. Under normal circumstances, I think there's a clear weight division between McGregor and Diaz.

• Paid Members

Wow that was an absolute rollercoast fight atop a beautiful finish heavy main card. Defo a show to make a few new fans who may have been checking out McGregor for the first time.

What a great fight though. Conor's early success mixing in the kicks, Diaz's non stop pressure and resilience, Conor fading then finding some what of a second wind... Amazing stuff. Had Conor, 3 rounds to 2 myself.

The occasion of this deserved a special fight and we really got one.

• Paid Members

You knew we were in for something special when McGregor whipped out the Mr McMahon walk when he entered the cage.

Just finished the MMAFighting post show and post fight interviews. Apparently, CBD oil was in his vape pen. They speculated he may be in bother.

How good was Conors takedown defence last night by the way? Take away the one takedown Nate scored at the death when McGregor looked ready to pass out he was super in that sense.

I'm also super excited for Johnson/Cormier 2. Johnson seems to gain power in his punches with every KO victory of his. Scary.

I'm also super excited for Johnson/Cormier 2. Johnson seems to gain power in his punches with every KO victory of his. Scary.

I really like D.C

But the two fights I want to see most at 205lbs don't involve him. Sadly, they both involve Jon Jones. I really want to see Jones vs Rumble, and a rematch between Jones and Gusty.

I had Diaz winning but can't complain about the result or the scoring, such a close fight and a total roller coaster to watch. Got the fear that the takedown in the last ten seconds might have secured the round and the fight for Diaz. So happy the judges know more than me!

Brilliant finalè to a brilliant event.

• Paid Members

Got the fear that the takedown in the last ten seconds might have secured the round and the fight for Diaz. So happy the judges know more than me!

Well it did secure the round, but that only made it 3-2 for McGregor. Nate won rds 3 and 5.

Got the fear that the takedown in the last ten seconds might have secured the round and the fight for Diaz. So happy the judges know more than me!

Well it did secure the round, but that only made it 3-2 for McGregor. Nate won rds 3 and 5.

Truth.

If I was as anxious as a 70s BBC presenter every time I saw the police during that fight, I'd hate to imagine what you were going through!

Archived