UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

On a side note, the world felt right again when Mcgregor walked out to Foggy Dew/Hypnotize.  

On a similar note, did anyone notice that Face the Pain was binned? Could be down to the new owners.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On a side note, the world felt right again when Mcgregor walked out to Foggy Dew/Hypnotize.  

On a similar note, did anyone notice that Face the Pain was binned? Could be down to the new owners.

Shit, I forgot to mention I heard that. I missed the first 2 fights as I set my alarm for 4.15am but saw Luke Thomas' tweets where he was ecstatic.

If this is the case and they've finally binned that monstrosity of a song then I will be fucking thrilled. No longer will I feel embarrassed having my friends watch the opening of a fight card. 

Dana must have been in tears when he heard the news. 

• Paid Members

Thanks for that video Herbie. Really is great watch. My favourite part of the video is Roddy's view point of Mcgregor during the walkout. You hear the camera woman's countdown with Mcgregor's music in the background to then hear the crowd explode when they see him on the big screen in the arena. What a feeling that must be walking out.

I never even realised that VLOG was there either. There's loads of other videos in the build up to the fight.

• Paid Members

Yep, all was right with the world again. Let's be honest, it's the real reason he won.

Oh I noticed it alright...

• Oh and how refreshing was it to not have to 'Face The Pain' during the PPV opening? I expect it'll be back for 203 but I'm hoping they just let it quietly die now.

It really makes more of a difference than it probably should for me. It's such an outdated and just plain shit song that outstayed its welcome a long time ago. Face The Pain should've died out with Chuck Liddell's chin in 2008. At the latest. The fact it's still being used 8 years after that is a bit tragic. Like your 63 year old dad trying to spike the remaining strands of his hair.*

*Like my old man.

• Paid Members

Yeah, 2008 should've been the absolute latest though. Ideally they'd have realised it was shite and fucked it off around the first TUF in 2005 but they were still big into their cringey music then anyway, as their god awful choice for the original TUF theme showed.

When did they start using Face The Pain, by the way? At which event did it make its debut? I want to say UFC 40 with the first Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock fight but I think that might've had a different song as the theme now I think about it. I'm certain it was UFC 40-something though.

I'm fairly certain it was on UFC 40.

They also had that "what you got coming" song, which they played for their best of package. Shamrock used it for his entrance theme at UFC 40. That was equally as repulsive. They even brought out an album with a variety of songs of that erm nature. Thank fuck there wasn't a volume 2. 

s-l300.jpg

• Paid Members

It seems like whenever anyone makes an overly confident prediction on an MMA fight, it goes the other way a lot of times. Not even having a pop at David in that, I was as close to certain as you could get that Bisping had almost no chance against Rockhold and Anderson earlier this year. I was sure Holm had nothing for Rousey and that Holm would crush Tate. And I feared Hendo might be deceased by the end of his fight with Lombard. They all went the complete opposite to what I thought.

MMA is such a hard sport to predict. But where would the fun be in not going out on a limb from time to time? No big deal. Dave's probably just busy with other shit...

...Although saying that, I can't help thinking he would've been in here a lot quicker if Diaz would've finished McGregor again.

:p

• Paid Members

I honestly think this fight is a defining moment in the history of the sport.

It's rare that a fight like this caught the imagination of the general public yet also delivered from a fight perspective.

I think when we look back 10 or 20 years from now, we will see this Mcgregor/Diaz fight as a pivotal moment with the sport really cementing it's place in the mainstream.

Seen it was one of the main stories still on ESPN Pardon The Interruption and even they said they don't know much about the sport but they need to see a third fight.

The fight was easy to score 1,2,4 McGregor and basically all the MMA journalists scored it that way but several fighters are still really salty, it's weird they are happy when the bigger draw gets beat because he/she talked a little shit or were just pushed by the UFC, Conor, Rhonda brought in huge money to the sport and most would push exciting and good looking young fighters like Sage & Page. Tony Ferguson is the worst for it the ugly cunt #real champ, I guess I missed that fight

Lamby has a point. Checking my Facebook feed, I was surprised how many people were watching live. It really was a fight that appealed to the masses. 

Also.

As a longtime hardcore boxing fan, starting w/ Ali Era, I've been leery of UFC. But after my 1st live event last night, I'm now all-in.

Archived