UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No cunt think to phone the police, no? I could have been lying there deid in my flat.

Just moved house and had no internet. Only just caught up on all the MMA I'd missed, and have to admit that even I never saw Conor's Kalib Starnes tactics coming. 

Kudos to the man. Surely a deal with Nike is in the offing?

Finally watched this fight I had it rounds 2, 3 and 5 to Diaz, at push a draw.

I also noticed Conor had very little octagon control after he gassed in round 2.

Conor comes across as very familiar to Anothny Pettis, they once exceed when they have the distance to their advantage, fight close quarters they seek a little lost especially Conor he looked lost in the clinch

No cunt think to phone the police, no? I could have been lying there deid in my flat.

Just moved house and had no internet. Only just caught up on all the MMA I'd missed, and have to admit that even I never saw Conor's Kalib Starnes tactics coming. 

Kudos to the man. Surely a deal with Nike is in the offing?

Piss off Dave  :laugh: Was the move due to you losing your house on a bet?

• Paid Members

Finally watched this fight I had it rounds 2, 3 and 5 to Diaz, at push a draw.

I also noticed Conor had very little octagon control after he gassed in round 2.

Conor comes across as very familiar to Anothny Pettis, they once exceed when they have the distance to their advantage, fight close quarters they seek a little lost especially Conor he looked lost in the clinch

How on earth do you give Diaz round 2?

Conor had Diaz flat on his ass 2 times in that round. On top of that he continued the punches and kicks that were hitting clean for 3 and a half minutes.

Diaz having 90 seconds of that round doesn't give him the round at all. He was having some success in the clinch, but he wasn't causing much damage.

Every judge gave Mcgregor round 2 as well and it was only 47-47 on 1 judge's card as he deemed round 3 a 10-8 bizarrely.

• Paid Members

McGregor won round 2 clear as day, people's minds were swayed by Diaz winning the last 30 seconds and Goldberg saying '1-1?' on commentary, which was ridiculous.

Love Dave's little dig at Conor running, i knew he wouldn't just take it on the chin.

• Paid Members

Dat Oirish fella can sure burn up the shoe leather!  :laugh:

Quality video. Clips of Mcgregor backing away and circling out of attacks followed by Nate being interviewed with a face that looks like dog food.

Nobody can dispute that Mcgregor fought a completely different fight to normal. He was clearly less aggressive and much more aware of how much energy he was using up. That in turn meant he avoided a lot more of Diaz's attacks and came forward a lot less than he usually does. You could even perhaps argue that that approach is at odds with the way Mcgregor talked in the build up ("I'm going to kill him" etc). But to call it running just shows a lack of understanding and appreciation of the tactical side of MMA.

In the words of Mcgregor, after the first fight he was able to "improvise, adapt and overcome" resulting in him clearly winning the second fight.

Love Dave's little dig at Conor running, i knew he wouldn't just take it on the chin.

I made the dig because it's valid. Are you telling me he didn't actively try to avoid engaging with Diaz? I don't mind guys using the space they have and moving in and out, it happens. But McGregor was actively turning his back and jogging away.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a smart gameplan, because it was. He was never knocking Diaz out, and there was zero chance of a submission. He can't even tie his BJJ belt properly never mind survive on the ground with someone like Nate. Had he traded with him he'd have been caught and finished like last time, so aye, he fought a smart fight.

I just never had McGregor down as the type of guy who would fight with such a gameplan. He's always been a fighter who's right there, ready to trade and win the battle. 

Still, if he's happy with the win and considers it some sort of redemption for getting dropped and choked out then fair enough I guess.

Hopefully he realises that Nate is all wrong for him now, and moves on.

As for Nate's face, it's been well documented that he cuts very easily. It's not as though McGregor put a beating on him.

Archived