UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was on edge the whole fight, but as soon as it had finished I thought it was obviously a McGregor decision. Had him winning rounds 1,2 and 5 with round 1 being a 10-8 round and Nate taking 3 and 5. I'm more concernd with the next fight being at 155, if Conor gassed without a weight cut in this fight, surely it's going to be worse for him after cutting?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Surprise Mother Fuckers, I'm back"

I Had Conor winning rounds 1, 2 and 4.

It annoyed me that after dominating 4 minutes of the 2nd round and then Diaz pressuring Conor up against the fence for the last minute had Mike Goldberg saying it was 1-1.

Great fight between 2 of my favourites, I hope Nate stays active it'll be a shame if he just sat around waiting for that trilogy fight.

• Paid Members

Got the fear that the takedown in the last ten seconds might have secured the round and the fight for Diaz. So happy the judges know more than me!

Well it did secure the round, but that only made it 3-2 for McGregor. Nate won rds 3 and 5.

Truth.

If I was as anxious as a 70s BBC presenter every time I saw the police during that fight, I'd hate to imagine what you were going through!

I nearly fainted with the tension. Not sure if pure exhaustion or the sliver of acid we took to stay awake. Was wired & couldn't sleep until 9am.... 

• Paid Members

I was on edge the whole fight, but as soon as it had finished I thought it was obviously a McGregor decision. Had him winning rounds 1,2 and 5 with round 1 being a 10-8 round and Nate taking 3 and 5. I'm more concernd with the next fight being at 155, if Conor gassed without a weight cut in this fight, surely it's going to be worse for him after cutting?

I don't see it that way. To see what Mcgregor looks like at 155llbs check out his fight with Ivan Menjivar.

Mcgregor had to pack on the weight to compete with Diaz at 170llbs and even said after the fight that he misses having a 6 pack fighting at last night's weight.

So whilst there would be a small weight cut to 155llbs he would be coming into the fight lighter and with possibly a little less muscle.

• I never really had an opinion on her looks before but Randa Markos with the red hair...there's just something about her that does it for me.

Oh yeah, 'All Red Everything' Randa is awesome. I noticed she did that for her last fight which i didn't see. Surely there's no better mix than Canadian Iranian? ;) The crowd seemed to get quite excited too when her ample bosom almost popped out her top on the ground.

Of course she's a massive disappointment as a fighter. Absolutely should have come on for her last two victories but blew it again. She'll never get anywhere unfortunately. It takes out my bet in the first round. Damn you red hair stealing my heart!

Really good show and that main event was just something else, I'm the same as everyone here it seems having Conor 3-2 up.

Was it just me or was any one else getting annoyed with Rogan during the fight? specifically in rounds 2/3 saying ohhh Conor has gassed, he's blowing up etc

• Paid Members

Also had it 48-47 for Conor. (Good spot, Keith.)

I didn't find Rogan that bad considering his being leaning/favoring Nate since before the fist fight.Very noticeable when he speaks on his podcast about the two fights probably cause Nates "A excellent black belt in Ju Jitsu under Cesar Gracie" and that gets Joe off more than a bow and arrow. 

• Paid Members

I found Rogan a little bit annoying last night. He was right that McGregor was tiring but fuck me he beat that subject to a pulp. Even before Conor looked particularly tired he was saying he was slowing down, breathing heavy etc and then every time Nate landed anything he was declaring Conor 'rocked' or 'in trouble'. Even just from the glancing blows which Conor didn't look that bothered by, Rogan was saying he was wobbled by them as well. Once he gets on a certain train of thought he's almost tunnel vision on it until something forces him to calm the fuck down. Conor regrouping in the 4th seemed to settle Rogan down a bit last night and he wasn't so bad after that, I thought.

He's been a lot worse in other fights. You can go all the way back to the Liddell vs Belfort fight in 2002. He was so pro Liddell in that fight he was more cheerleader than colour commentator. To be fair that was early days for him commentating but he was still doing similar years later. Like JDS vs Miocic where he was practically ignoring JDS' offence but almost flooding his pants every time Stipe threw anything.

Also had it 28-27 for Conor. 

I didn't think there were two rounds where nothing happened ;)

Although, I know what you mean, at the end of the fifth I said to my girlfriend, "Nate has this 28-27"

• Paid Members

To be fair, i was feeling what Joe Rogan was saying in that third round. It felt like a rinse and repeat of the first fight with the tide completely changing in the dying stages of round 2. Conor did well to regroup but his energy sapped pretty quickly after an amazing start.

The scoring i thought was pretty clear cut 48-47 for Conor with him winning 1, 2 & 4. I got a bit annoyed when Goldberg questioned "one-one?" at the end of round 2, Nate won the last 30 seconds or so but he had been dropped cleanly earlier in the round, clear Conor round.

Hell of a fight though that more than lived up to the hype. There's questions to be asked of Conor again because of how he faded but for the opening 8-9 minutes he was on fire, Nate's toughness is the only thing that got him through them rounds.

Great show overall too, few quiet prelims but all good other than that. I'll chime in with some other comments in a bit.

Did anyone else think Conor creating distance by jogging away was really risky in the way he did it? I just kept having visions of Chris Horodecki in WEC when he got kicked in the head while trying to reset his position in exactly the same way as Conor.

He clearly wasn't looking at Nate many times in the fight, and I'm suprised Nate didn't try and capitalise on that.

Archived