Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Well I just tried this app out and I got a fantastic Thai beef curry and rice for £3.50 in Aldgate. Really hit the spot! This app is now my new favourite thing.

Where in Aldgate did you get that from? I work right near the station. £3.50 is insane, I hope they do lunches.

• Awards Moderator

It's Nha Mor near the Pho off Bishopsgate if you know that. Spitalfields really. It's a tiny little place, it doesn't have a website. I did see that they do a lunch. I got that price through the TooGoodToGo app if you missed the rest of the thread.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

It's Nha Mor near the Pho off Bishopsgate if you know that. Spitalfields really. It's a tiny little place, it doesn't have a website. I did see that they do a lunch. I got that price through the TooGoodToGo app if you missed the rest of the thread.

Nice one, cheers. For some reason I've never ventured over to Spitalfields on my lunch break in the 2 years I've been here.

• Awards Moderator

I've had a quick look at the app - am I right in thinking it doesn't tell you exactly what you can get, and instead lists a few things that may be available? Or do each place regularly update it to say what's currently available?

What's on their little description is a bit Jim Bowen, here's what you could've won. It's luck of the draw - you get what they've got left.

• Paid Members

What's on their little description is a bit Jim Bowen, here's what you could've won.

I've got images in my head of turning up a the 'Taj Mahal' or something and being given a bag with a carriage clock and Corby Trouser Press in.

• Paid Members

It was always the couple from Birmingham or some other land-locked county that won the sea-going speedboat.

'member? They always won because the lad from Northampton in the sweater he wore the day they let him out of glasshouse had the yips because he'd used the wrong oil on his brass 'and! Eh? EH?!

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

It was always the couple from Birmingham or some other land-locked county that won the sea-going speedboat.

'member? They always won because the lad from Northampton in the sweater he wore the day they let him out of glasshouse had the yips because he'd used the wrong oil on his brass 'and! Eh? EH?!

Do you want some CHEESE ON that, or maybe some kwesh?

• Members
On my quest for anything that will help with stress and wellbeing I finally did something I've been trying to work up the bottle to do for a while now - I went to a yoga class. It's right round the corner from my gym and I've been researching it on and off for a few weeks now but I've always binned it off for fear of sticking out like a sore thumb as a big bloke covered in tattoos. I don't have a lot of confidence issues but I imagined being a sweaty heap with breathing heavily and falling over in a room full of graceful "yummy mummy" sorts.

It was sort of like that, but there was no judgement and everyone was incredibly helpful and nice. I didn't embarrass myself too much and fell in somewhere between the old women and the bloke that looked like Michael Stipe in terms of ability. 

Here's where it gets a little fruity - It was candle lit with some Enya in the background, but the stretching and concentrated breathing along with a few minutes at the end of lying completely relaxed, dedicated to silent meditation. I felt like a new man when I left!

Haven't told the wife about this yet. Partly because I think she'll find it weird. Partly because I don't want her to know me and ol' Stipey are the only stags in a room full of milfs. Not sure It'll be a weekly thing but it certainly has helped my mood and a couple of aches and niggles no end.

Point of this post being, I recommend yoga after my first hour and don't be afraid to try something new. It will almost certainly not be as bad as you think.