Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Plenty of places to play darts without engaging in all that nonsense. My favourite pubĀ was TheĀ Bricklayers' Arms by Tottenham Court Road (met Frankie there for a few pints once) - Sam Smith's the brewer, good place for darts. Fiver refundable deposit, that was all you needed. Haven't been for some time since central London got even more crowded and tourist-y than even a Londoner is prepared to put up with, and that particular part of London got overloaded with TV company people, so I don't know if that's still the case.

• Paid Members

It's still London we're talking about, man - sanity doesn't really reign here when it comes to economics.

Ā 

EDIT: In response to Butch.

Edited by Carbomb

• Moderators

I don't go looking for them so I might not be the best informed, but it seems very few pubs even have a dart board these days around these parts. There's only one that I know of for definite that still has one.

Ā 

Every pub should have one. And they should get rid of the pool table.

• Paid Members

The Beaconsfield round the corner from my house had a snooker table. Was pissed off when they got rid of it.

Ā 

EDIT: Just remembered, the Glasshouse Stores on Brewer Street in Soho has an old bar billiards table/machine. That's always fun.

Edited by Carbomb

Plenty of places to play darts without engaging in all that nonsense. My favourite pub was The Bricklayers' Arms by Tottenham Court Road (met Frankie there for a few pints once) - Sam Smith's the brewer, good place for darts. Fiver refundable deposit, that was all you needed. Haven't been for some time since central London got even more crowded and tourist-y than even a Londoner is prepared to put up with, and that particular part of London got overloaded with TV company people, so I don't know if that's still the case.

The Cheshire Cheese just off Fleet Street has free darts if you're round that way, they also have a Wii that never gets played and has a three inch layer of dust coating it.