Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

The Beaconsfield round the corner from my house had a snooker table. Was pissed off when they got rid of it.

EDIT: Just remembered, the Glasshouse Stores on Brewer Street in Soho has an old bar billiards table/machine. That's always fun.

Glasshouse Stores is my favorite pub in all of London. Cheap for Soho, and Taddy lager. Brings a tear to the eye - dread going into Soho now, last time I was there it was going to shit

Is that in there fancy new upstairs bit at the back? I always skulk to as low down in the cellars as they'll let me drink. Took years to realise the bot at the back existed always thought the ground floor was just the very old front bar

It's at the bottom mate, walk in and go right down the staircase that's to the right

I've never seen a darts board in a pub in Glasgow. Never, ever.

Baz, are you not from the Parkhead, Dennistoun, Bridgeton vicinity? There's loads of pubs there have them. Not always used but I'm sure the Prince Charlie in Westmuir street has a league or team of some sort.

To charge a returnable deposit for the "house darts" is fine, to charge to play on the board is just shitarse behaviour.

Every man-cave should have one of these:

dart_board_zpsp1xnv61o.jpg

Bought from a professional darts promotions company.  It's since had the Blade4 board upgraded to the Blade5 ... :)

Edited by mikehoncho

What other cool shit have you got in your man-shed?

My study is just full of records, books and musical instruments. And my pc is in there. Also, all the art I own that my wife doesn't like goes on that walls in there.

Rock & metal, festival t-shirts, band gear/memorabilia (inc. signed gigged instruments), posters, a few dozen 7" singles pinned up, my practice drum kit, bass guitar, couple of computers, TV, my gun, dart board stand, stacks of books on shelves (so many so that I've had to get another book case), a box of extra special memorabilia & keepsakes, bar stuff, halogen heater, tools ... 

Practice kit

sparky_full_zpsmjbbrker.jpg

I've since added an Iron Cobra 200 double bass pedal

One of the many t-shirts with newly added neon atmospheric neons (which are all around the place, & look cool in the dark)

t_neon_zpspdg3jahw.jpg

Some of the 7" singles on display

7s01_zpse1ama7qx.jpg

The Queen picture covers aren't hugely rare, but hard to find ...

More 7" singles on display

7s02_zps8nw89um6.jpg

The KISS one comes with the "Demon" mask ... quite a rare find

How do I post a video - can Photobucket take videos even?!

• Paid Members

Baz, are you not from the Parkhead, Dennistoun, Bridgeton vicinity? There's loads of pubs there have them. Not always used but I'm sure the Prince Charlie in Westmuir street has a league or team of some sort.

As does the Real McCoy on the corner of London Road and Springfield Road. Terrible name for a pub but cracking pints and a particularly lovely little barmaid.