Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I walked to the cashpoint at about 8pm last night. Midway down my road and I see a little fat boy chuck a pair of pants from a second story window. We made some awkward eye contact and I gave him some brief Evils as if I was walking 4 or 5 steps ahead, I'd have been struck in the head by (possibly shitted?) Little Boi Pantaloons. Which would've spoiled my night if I'm honest.

Trying to figure out what that kid was playing at, chucking pants on the pavement like it's standard. He looked caught in the act. Could it be like I said, he shitted em? What else could it even be? And surely his parents opened the front door the next morning and were like "why are your pants in the street?"

What a fucking idiot. It's as if they've not yet reached an age at which they can make sensible long term decisions

I'd say he was in the 7-10 range. It was only a few doors down from me, I'm tempted to knock on as a concerned citizen and ask what the deal with the pants was

I had to throw my boxers out of a window once. Was staying in Manchester with a few mates and managed a little shart in the cab back to the hotel after a particularly boozy one. Somehow nobody seemed to notice and I slipped off straight away as the others went to the bar in order to check out the damage. It wasn't too bad really but I didn't want to leave any incriminating evidence in the bin or bathroom or whatever, so the window was the logical option.

What I wasn't aware of was the car park was right below our window, so somebody had a nasty shock on their windscreen the next morning.

Of course, I didn't have the excuse of being in the 7-10 age range, sadly more like 24. As such, this is the first time I've mentioned the incident in any way whatsoever.

New boxers they were, as well.

• Paid Members

On a whim and because I'm on BUSINESS in London, I'm seeing the Divine Comedy for the second time in three weeks, this time at the Palladium. I'm good and wined up and have eaten lots of great French food. Life is occasionally very, very pleasant.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

An enormous amount Butch. The second best gig of my life was St George in Bristol with them. Me and a mate bought Shane Warne and Mike Gatting masks and reenacted Jiggery Pokery as they played it live. Both Neil Hannon and Tom Walsh pointed us out and got the lighting bloke to shine a spotlight on us during the song as we attempted to act out the 1993 Ashes while plastered. Great band and great blokes.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

My abiding memory of the 1993 Ashes is my dad demonstrating during play on a Sunday afternoon the delivery of Shane Warne — a reenactment of The Ball of the Century from a man who bowled some decent spin in his earlier years. Flash forward to that night, where he followed up with an inebriated Merv Hughes impersonation that didn't really capture his action or run up, but did result in him smashing his fist at high speed right through the light fitting, causing an explosion and a shower of glass and beads.

• Awards Moderator

I'd forgotten you'd booked that Gus. A mate of mine says they were excellent the other night. How did you find him?

I can't get on with the most recent album. I too love Duckworth Lewis Method, despite not understanding a single cricket reference.

Double-1 finishes in darts ... two in a row last night ... talk about pissing me off!  But I played 8 matches (24 legs), so I think I was board blind at the end of the evening.  

Edited by mikehoncho