Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I can't remember, was Mickey Hazard any good as a player, or did I just convince myself that he was mustard because my Champ Man '94 strategy of loading the team with old players who I could forcibly retire at the end of the first season always included him, because he was ace and very versatile? I looked him up on wikipedia, and found that he didn't even get any u21 caps. Also got excited because I misread the last bit, and thought he'd got a role on the backroom staff for Chigley.

They love him at Swindle, was their lynchpin as when and before they nearly made the prem and did make the Prem...

Ā 

Cult Hero status ala Bob Taylor, Shaun Taylor, Brian Tinninon et al....Ā 

Ā 

great but not 'that' good

• Paid Members

So I work in a small IT team in a big office. Someone just sent round some Xmas Meme's for the 'lulz' and the first one is a picture of Santa with a cheeky grin and the rhyme:

Ā 

'You better not pout, you better not cry, you better not shout, I'm going in dry.'

Ā 

Now I'm no prude, but that's rapey as fuck is it not? I've just been trying to explain to a bunch of giggling 30 year IT nerds why it's a bit rapey, but they're not having it. Apparently it's just a laugh init.

Ā 

Someone help me out here, am I being silly to think that was wholly inappropriate to send round at work?

• Paid Members

So I work in a small IT team in a big office. Someone just sent round some Xmas Meme's for the 'lulz' and the first one is a picture of Santa with a cheeky grin and the rhyme:

Ā 

'You better not pout, you better not cry, you better not shout, I'm going in dry.'

Ā 

Now I'm no prude, but that's rapey as fuck is it not? I've just been trying to explain to a bunch of giggling 30 year IT nerds why it's a bit rapey, but they're not having it. Apparently it's just a laugh init.

Ā 

Someone help me out here, am I being silly to think that was wholly inappropriate to send round at work?

Ā 

I take umbridge with that sort of thing on account of it being generally shit, so double points for being both rapey and shit.Ā 

Without wishing to hijack your point though, it reminded me that I've always been uncomfortable with Inner Circle's 'Sweat' for similar reasons.

Ā 

Girl I want to make you sweat

Sweat till you can't sweat no more

And if you cry out

I'm gonna push it, push it, some more

Ā 

and, more recently, Little Mix's Black Magic...

Ā 

Take a sip of my secret potion

I'll make you fall in love

For a spell that can't be broken

One drop should be enough

Ā 

If that's not a song about Rohypnol, i'll eat my hat.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well done Matrix, that's my 7 year olds favourite song ruined for me

Same here :(

To be fair, a lot of their stuff is quite sexual and I don't know about it. Shout Out To My Ex is a bit weird when her and her little sister sing it out loud. Although was gutted when the wife took her to see them live...bloody love Jade

• Paid Members

I prefer the one who sticks out like a sore thumb. Lovely she is, couldn't tell you her name mind. That song though it's the equivalent of going on a Twitter rant and naming, but not tagging the subject of the rant - blatantly aimed at the fella from One Direction, so grow a set of bollocks and say so.