Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Is that a flying saucer sweet?

Absolutely. I managed to find the boiled sweets/flying saucer section tucked in the corner. It was magnificent.

Well, that was worth my £8.49. I'm looking forward to falling asleep in my meeting at 2PM full of lard and such.

I'd never heard of this app. What a great idea!

it's great. I don't use it as much as I should (I don't get out much) but it's great, good for them because they're not wasting food and good for me, because I can get cheap chicken wings when i'm drunk, it's a win win situation. the first time I used it I was a bit dubious handing them my phone and going "I've got this app thing..." but they didn't bat an eyelid, just swiped it gave me the carton and told me to fill it up - boom! the place was still full of people paying full price, I felt like a king! the king of chicken wings.

I miss the pure sloppiness of global buffets these days, it doesnt matter if I have a lot of the authentic versions a budget flight away there is nothing quite like the gluttony of those places. The city does have some pretty awesome buffets though, we got a voucher once to go to one that was about $30 a head and alongside an amazing seafood buffet they did lobster cooked to order for every visitor, free flow beer and had amazing roast beef and cheese sections. My missues couldn't understand how I shunned the seafood for basically roast beef and stilton sandwiches repeatedly.

• Paid Members

We had a buffet for a Christmas dinner last year. Found it a great experience. Chatted to people I wouldn't normally chat too, ate loads of food, fun for all. Santa was running about like a madman too.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Awards Moderator

there's a round the world buffet place in Birmingham where you can use that "too good to go" app so you can rock up at half ten at night (possibly after a few ales) and for £3.50 fill one of those big takeaway cartons with whatever you chose. obviously it makes sense to just go for dry stuff like chicken wings, spring rolls, samosas but I did that then I got to the curry section... you can't walk past the curry section without putting a bit in your carton can you? I managed to stop myself adding the lasagne from the next section to the mix but it meant that all my lovely chicken wings etc were covered in chicken balti. I doubt I was very popular on the bus home that night, but I was pissed and had food so I didn't care.

Well I just tried this app out and I got a fantastic Thai beef curry and rice for £3.50 in Aldgate. Really hit the spot! This app is now my new favourite thing.

v9kXgiX.jpg

Features actual fork.