WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I have Waku Waku 7, never heard of it before but it is good fun. 

I love Waku Waku 7. Every week I check on my XBox One to see whether they've stuck it out on there yet. I know if I had a Switch I'd only use it to play Waku Waku 7, Ultra Street Fighter 2 and possibly Mario Kart & Pokken Tournament. I can't justify that kind of expense when I have so many fighting games already on my other consoles to be mediocre at.

On 05/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, Arch Stanton said:

The football stickers comparison is interesting, but we didn't have to pay fifty notes for the empty album. In fact, they were/are often given away free with newspapers and footy magazines.

One of the biggest bones of contention with gaming microtransactions is having them in games that already come with a premium price tag. For free-to-play games I don't think there's an issue. 

Very good point. A few you can play through without having to use micro transactions but some they are a necessity to get anywhere. On Fifa I think you can play through certain modes to gain enough coins to buy "packs" but usually it's tiered. So at best you'd get a silver player.

For gold ones they'd be ones you'd have to pay for. Something like FIFA too has a lot of different star players to collect so if someone was so inclined they could waste hundreds buying packs to assemble an Ultimate team. Back in the day you just had to unlock them and I think that's much better since you get a modicum of achievement for doing so. Like unlocking Andre on the No Mercy Royal Rumble Survival mode or getting all the items in the SmackDown Mall. Those would be micro transactions now (moves, items etc) and Andre would be DLC. But if people still want to keep paying for micro transactions that's not going to stop. In some mobile games I think they have to be authorised now so that's something, I guess.

• Paid Members

Nah you can buy Gold packs in Fifa Ultimate Team  by just playing the game normally and then using the coins to open packs. 

You're probably not gonna get anything decent in said pack, but they can be acquired without paying any real money. More so than ever this year with the introduction of Squad Battles. 

Obviously, this only applies to Ultimate Team. You can use whatever players you wish in the other modes. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

Impatience got the better of me and I bought a Switch the other day.

Not a bad little system so far, works very well as both a console and a handheld. Sadly though I'm struggling to really get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 right now.

Not too far into it though. So that could change.

There's another Street Fighter collection coming out, this time with 12 games. Alpha 3 will have online play so I'll probably get it just for that.

• Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter 2
  • Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Street Fighter 2
  • Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo
  • Street Fighter Alpha
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter 3
  • Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact
  • Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

27 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Is anyone who buys that really going to play each of the 5 different versions of Street Fighter 2? If they release it lower than £30 i'll have it for Alpha 3

Some people will play them all. If I had it, I would probably give each a whirl just to see if they were all that different from each other. Ultra Street Fight II was £34.99 earlier this year so I doubt it will be less than £30.

• Paid Members

I'll probably give them all a blast. I'm gutted that Alpha 2 isn't online, but Alpha 3 online without is a great incentive, and there's always Fightcade if anybody is realy that concerned about playing the others online. It would have been nice for it to have maybe had Hyper Street Fighter II in there as the online SF2 choice with the version select etc, but everybody would probably end up picking the Championship/Turbo edition versions of the characters as they're so unbalanced.