Bowler 2 - Electric Boogaloo (The end of the UKFF)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I laughed so hard it hurt at that fruit bowler vs spin bowler featuring mr Fujis bowler hat poster.

That was Ian was it? I'm going to have to go trawling through threads for it now.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sorry if this is blunt but after reading this tread I thought that I should offer some advise.

Just because you can find some money and put on a show does not make you a promoter. You are not a promoter. In six years you have never drawn more than twenty people. In the years after you began multiple other promoters followed with successful, profitable shows which have been well received around the World and well attended in the venue.

Progress, PCW and ICW are just three promotions that are doing UK wrestling proud. Often with sell outs weeks in advance. Frequently breaking ground, bringing in over 700 attendees at a time and watched by WWE scouts. ADB, LPW or whatever it is called now is not, nor will it ever be.

I'm sorry to outline the above but it's true.

Honestly the cost of a venue, ring, talent, filming and licences must be totaling plenty more than the £150 max you bring at the door.

Save your money and pay £10 to watch one of the above shows. Not only will you be better off, you will be less stressed and will find that people quickly loose interest in messaging you. Your mental health is worth much more than the small power trip you believe you are on when hosting an event. You are making your psychological problems much worse whilst you keep promoting.

During a UK show you can pay a few pounds to meet your UK and US heroes. Then if you desperately want to get to know them, go to the pub after the show has finished. Most times there will be a post show booze up where you can meet the stars of the show. They may even talk to you, just don't get drunk and pester them. If not and you persist, then at least ensure the talent booked are more concerned about performance over money, even in front of four paying people.

Judging by your Facebook and who you message on Twitter you get anxious over meeting celebrities (they wipe their own arse btw). If that is the case save you money and pay for a meet and greet.

I really do think that it's mental what's happened over the last six years, it's been like a re-occurring story.

If you do wish to continue I have three pieces of advice for you:

1. Just because you always pay the boy's, it doesn't mean that you have earnt their respect. In fact when you paid up before the cancelled show they must have thought their birthday and Christmas had come at once. Respect is earned by the way you deal with people and how successful you are in your job. Hence why one trainee charges you but works for free elsewhere. Then you slag him off on Facebook. You now have a reputation in the industry for holding poor shows but being a decent payday. Wrestlers are willing to risk their reputation slightly for the payoff.

Also please note that YOU offered money to that trainee who wrestles for free, nobody else. Correctly he took the money that YOU offered him. Therefore he is without blame, he did what any worker would do and take the money. It's your fault you didn't ask that individual to audition for free so don't publicly criticise him. A professional always does their business in private. Vince or never Dixie publicly slag their employees off. You never hear story that they have attacked one of the workers.

Ricky does the same. If your paying him to mentor you then learn from him. Paying for a mentor when your never going to be a success is a poor idea. Your money could be used mor productively. You were asking for wrestling training in Leeds and Bradford but nobody would take you on. Maybe Ricky will teach you to become a Wrestler?

2. Every time critical criticism is given, you frequently misconstrue what had been said, then you take serious offence. After which no matter how useful the advise is, you offer the poster out. I have noticed however from a previous thread, at the first threat of legal action you cower and become petrified and over apologetic.

Whatever is said don't rise to the bait. What you should do is take some time and contemplate what has been said before you respond. 90% of the advise on here has been very useful for you.

Professionals don't offer others to come to Leeds and fight them. Especially if that professional looks like a 5"4, 105lb midget / garden rake / Collina cross. Sorry to phrase it like that but the reality is that's how everybody views you, hence the constant piss taking.

One day you will threaten the wrong person and regret it. You don't know what an individual recieving one of your threatening messages is capable of. I'm also sure that if your messages are shown in court your assailant would get very liniment treatment from the judge as it would become apparent that you had seriously provoked them. I also very much doubt there are many people who you can look after yourself against, maybe less than 10% of the able bodied male society. GET INTO THE GYM!!

Please for your own safety rise above the problems, take a breath and move on. Stop asking for fights.

If you must ask for fights then let me suggest an idea. You should compete in a regulated MMA / Boxing shoot at one of you shows. Offer an open challenge on here or ask someone you have beef with. Plenty of people would pay to see that or at least buy the DVD. Just don't pull out when you the headline act like you did with the ladder match.

3. Learn the definition of the word professional. Your around 26 now and have six years experience trying to promote behind you. At no stage have you shown evidence of being professional. Gullible, maybe!! Plenty others have been taking advantage of you fandom.

This may be blunt advise but it's honest. I don't want to fight with you. I just want you to learn that this business isn't for you. Your shows are damaging the industry. If a family went to one of your catastrophes then it unlikely they would return. Furthermore word of mouth would stop others attending. There are plenty of other promoters who can run shows in Leeds. You are destroying both their houses and their livelihoods before they get the chance to run the area. Adam sadly you are carrying on regardless when you have already destroyed your own reputation.

I know you have tried to gain behind the scenes employment in most wrestling companies only to be rejected. Maybe those promoters are trying to tell you something? Even for free this man is so unprofessional that he should not be brought into the company. They all said no so you decided to go your own way but it did't work out. You dreamt of promoting since 1997 when you stated HHH debuted (he didn't it was 1995), I have always fancied putting on my own show, most people on the board do but its take an incredible amount of time, money and effort with no guarantees for success. The first few shows may be low attendances but if they have good organisation and match quality, word of mouth will get around, especially on here and the crowds gradually increase. If after three shows I wasn't drawing over 100-150 fans I would give up on the dream. Because finacially it just won't work. You've now had over seven shows with a highest attendance of 20 does that not tell you anything?

Why are you paying for a US star? Hopefully for you they will be cheap. I'm hoping its to bring an element to the show and not just satisfy your fandom. This could be a financial disaster! How do you propose monetising him/her?

Over the last six years if you would have put the money that you lost towards attempting to promote on a constructive project you could have finished college training by now. Possibly even making a success in a field more accustomed to your skills. You would also get to meet people your age in the process.

Finally and most importantly please tell your doctor you have anxiety issues. Or if he already knows about the anxiety take your medication as prescribed. If it's daily take it daily, don't miss a dose. I have diazepam that I take every so often (1-2 times per week) for anxiety and panic, it works a treat. If you took one before reading this thread you will be much more relaxed. Dare I say you responce would be less impulsive and more considered. I am not promoting the use of drugs, especially benzodiazepines like diazepam. However in this case it may be worth asking the doctor for a short course whilst you addressed your issues. Please note as well that anxiety medication is only a fix whilst you are learning relaxation and coping skills.

A counsellor would work a treat for you. You would be able to review your life and discover what triggers are making you angry, then learn how to use a controlled way to respond. Instead of promoting a show in October hire a councellor of 10-12 weeks. You might find things change. You also give yourself the greatest possible opportunity to become a successful promoter as it may take a large portion of the aggression out of the way.

There will always be wrestling shows and meet and greets. You will always be able to meet you idols. Spend your money watching live shows. Calming down and becoming less anxious may even get you talking to other fans. It's cheaper and definitely your way forward.

Sadly it's not Manning or Maddog Maxx. I do know UK Hat Guy, Wandshogun09 and Patiirc amongst quite a few others on here from PCW though. Plus old posters Tom and Andy from the FWA days. I've been meaning to sign up as paid and change my handle.

Ah PCW, one big happy family... New me or old me  though haha... trying to figure out who's behind the handle

ok can i just give my ten cents on Adam Bowler. Lets put it out there the lad has some issues he would be first to admit and his focus in life is wrestling. he shows are run to give him a focus in life ok he is never going to be Vince McMahon or the biggest fed in UK But its about helping his issues. i have talked to his mum and dad and they are happy to help him as it is a focus which without his issues could be worse. I speak from experience i have a 28 yr old son with similar issues who has been under lock down on and off for the last 15 years, he has no focus or ambition only drugs, i would give all i have to have him home to focus on something to give him half a normal life like Adam is living. i am helping him best i can, its not easy, its not even the money as i am not earning much out of it, its the fact its so easy to wash your hands and walk away. OK Might get shit for this but i am thick skinned lol said my bit have a good day all on here.  

Archived