#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

Well, deep fried breaded Camembert pairs nicely with red currant jelly and a great stonking tin of pig ears in lard that you found in the canal. TWAT IT ONE RIGHT IN THE OVEN!!

Found in a canal? Fucking River Cottage foraging hipster cunt.

• Paid Members

WHAT FAST FOOD SHOULD GUS MEARS PURCHASE THIS EVENING???!!!!!!

I'm leaning towards a curry. But if I buy a curry, it has to be a Vindaloo and I've got a busy day of Gilbert and Sullivan and heavy drinking tomorrow, so do I really want to damage my arse to that extent prior to a night on the bevvies? 

WHAT FAST FOOD SHOULD GUS MEARS PURCHASE THIS EVENING???!!!!!!

I'm leaning towards a curry. But if I buy a curry, it has to be a Vindaloo and I've got a busy day of Gilbert and Sullivan and heavy drinking tomorrow, so do I really want to damage my arse to that extent prior to a night on the bevvies? 

Filthy XL doner kebab ... no salad, chilli & mint sauce ... makes sense & you get the chilli spice without the probable fallout.

• Paid Members

Nah, I'm just an effete, liberal metropolitan ponce who fancies some shit food this evening. Although I do intend to end tomorrow at my local, which has 5 TYPES OF BILTONG.

I must have mentioned Bar Snack Bingo before actually. Every drinking establishment you go into over the course of an evening you have to buy the weirdest bar snack available. I have eaten some fowl tasting shit in the name of human progress. Taunton was the worst, pork scratching that I swear were still oinking.

I may actually get a kebab Mike, though I fancy chicken. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

5 TYPES OF BILTONG.

Now we're talking, the food of gods. Me and my daughter could live on biltong.

I had a lovely big burger for lunch dripping with fat with fries smothered in cheese and jalapenos. It was in a brioche bun though, which probably isn't #EATCLEAN enough for you bunch of savages.

• Paid Members

Brioche buns are a real bugbear of mine. Unnecessary gentrification of the humble burger at its most vile. Mere notches ahead of bacon jam.

It's like the fuckers in Bath who sell the 'artisan pasty'. The pasty was designed so you could take it down the mine and it had a good handle for your minced meats and potato. That is not ripe for the process of making it artisan.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Moderators

I don't mind a brioche bun for a burger that much. But when Pret started using them for bacon sandwiches that was real fucking annoying (Not my breakfast place of choice, but they're on every street corner in London, so it's quick and easy).

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I don't mind Brioche Buns, I just don't see the point in them.

I've just had what on the label was a Hot Pot Pie from the Morrisons Sausage Roll and Cooked Chicken counter (not sure what else to call it?).

It was grey and unidentifiable and causing havoc with my stomach but it was reduced to 9p so it's a win.

Oh, and all this talk of pub snacks/meat has reminded me. If you're ever next to Cannon Street station, go round the corner to The Pelt Trader pub.

They do these amazing boards of wild venison and black chorizo and sell beer sticks which are great things to gnaw on and just pure meaty goodness (yes, I know it makes me a City cunt)

It's like being part of the resistance, making a post like that - "I bought a 9p shitpie from the supermarket, it was a nightmare, phooar yeah. Also venison and black chorizo in the City are great, too"

Haha, it does a bit doesn't it. Well, I'm unemployed at the moment but my last job was around the corner from this pub. Hence the reduced food buying and the meat platter knowledge of poncy bars in Cannon Street

Thought everyone loved a good meaty bar snack? Surely biltong and chorizo sticks are incredibly #EATCLEAN no?