#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

We used to have a KFC and a Kansas Fried Chicken a few doors apart in Burnage back in the late 90s. But Kansas was always more popular due to its superior chips and chicken coating. So much so that when KFC burned down they didn't bother reopening again.

• Paid Members

We used to have a KFC and a Kansas Fried Chicken a few doors apart in Burnage back in the late 90s. But Kansas was always more popular due to its superior chips and chicken coating. So much so that when KFC burned down they didn't bother reopening again.

Was that on kingsway next to The Godfather?

The chicken connoisseur on YouTube is best placed to recommend the best London chicken shops, but according to most I know, Chicken Cottage seems to be king. I've never been in one myself.

He knows nothing!!! He hasn't been to

Aladdins in Hounslow, which is the GOAT, but the prices have increased recently so.

I love fake KFCs. Richmond used to have a Kitchener Fried Chicken, which was always packed at 1am. However, I never went in as Tops Pizza was next door and that was the shit. £1.99 personal pizza, and I actually preferred their pizzas to anything going today. Is Tops still going?

Edit: yes it is, and there is one less than 3 miles from me ffs.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

i had a wonderful tea last night. Picked up a cheeseburger, chicken wrap and a couple pieces of fried chicken on the way back from the pub, completely forgetting i had a mixed curry from the Chinese waiting for me at home. Combined the lot of it. There's no cleaner eating than a big piece of fried chicken smothered in curry sauce. Lovely.

• Paid Members

Was that on kingsway next to The Godfather?

That's the one. Kansas is still there, as is The Godfather, which must now be one of the most successful independent takeaways in Manchester. It's been there since 1983.

• Paid Members

I remember that article. Never got around to it, but I wanted to catalogue how many chicken place names I could find around london. New Jersey fried chicken was a particularly strange one to find

C0W8Nz5XgAADu5i.jpg

EDIT: Of course, the most insane one I've ever seen (and I think I've posted it here before):

article-0-1AABF37A000005DC-858_634x407.j

Edited by Carbomb

Is there any Dixy Chicken in London? If so, where does it rank?

The one here in Sunderland has perfected the art of fried chicken, yet if you go to other Dixy's they always taste different to each other (and usually not in a good way), just no consistency. The one in Newcastle is decent, but the one in Manchester is shit - tough chicken and those terrible stick French fries.