#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I listen to a few Disney and orlando podcasts, which one is it?

Dis After Dark if you have ever come across it https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/dis-after-dark-disney-podcast/id499831329?mt=2
Never happened across that one, I'll give it a go, cheers.
Hope you like. Been doing it for 5 years and hosted/featured on about 95% of them. We also do a Universal one as well Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

Now there are no free breakfasts if you stay on property I may have to go there for breakfast too

I was stunned when they announced that. No longer will I be able to fill my pockets with those little rolls.
WHAT!!!??? That saved us so much money last time. Because the vouchers for a "cake and hot drink" are shit...

Yeah as of March as part of the 25th Anniversary celebration. I think a lot of the reason is people used the breakfast buffet to make lunch. Saying that the thought of sweaty Ham and cheese rolls being eaten hours later makes me gag. As a shareholder I'm allowed access to Salon Mickey, a members only lounge but even there I rarely got anything to eat. That's why I normally sort myself out breakfast from Auchan

• Paid Members

That breakfast is worth nowhere near that!

The breakfast at DLP is atrocious, far worse than you get at cheap hotel chains.

If we're talking about DLP food though, I LOVED Cafe Agrabah. Lovely food. Ratattouille restaurant was also very nice.

• Paid Members

If we're talking about DLP food though, I LOVED Cafe Agrabah.

Yes, flatbreads until you can vomit. Usually really easy to get a table in too. Restaurant des Stars in WDS is also a nice buffet, although I liked it more before they removed the rat :( However, Pizza Planet is probably the grimmest place I've ever eaten a meal in my life. No windows and all you can eat Tesco Value Pizzas~!
I am a fan of both RDS and Plaza Gardens for Buffets. Shamefully not been to Agrabah. The Remy anamatronic they used to wheel to your table was excellent,. Is he at Cafe Remy now?

Pizza Planet, a restaurant so bad it's been closed by the new manager of Disneyland Paris permanently. However, and to bring this topic back on track, in its glory days, before the healthy eating crackdown turned into cheap pizza r us, you could find this beauty. The pizza planet burger. Two cheese and tomato pizzas (the ones you used to get 10 in a bag for £2 in the frozen aisle) used as buns with a half decent burger in the centre. It would now be named after Bobby Roode for being so glorious!

l_7493ca00-cd7a-11e1-b8ca-9f9bd5000006.j

3c6821f44767f2314519494a6ae9ab9c.jpg

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

Surely you'd have the top pizza facing down or you'd just be grabbing molten tomato and cheese?

Either way it's pretty rank!

it was absolutely wonderful. Think about it. It's basically a double cheese burger with rich tomato sauce. Though your right in that it should be inverted

• Paid Members

Pizza Planet was definitely shut last summer when we went, couldn't find it anywhere. Just as well from the sounds of things.

Cafe Mickey was a fucking nightmare- booked in advance and still had to queue for an hour. Food was really nice, but couldn't enjoy it as had to rush it down to make the closing time light display as the massive wait meant we were pressed for time.

• Paid Members

Pizza Planet was definitely shut last summer when we went, couldn't find it anywhere. Just as well from the sounds of things.

Cafe Mickey was a fucking nightmare- booked in advance and still had to queue for an hour. Food was really nice, but couldn't enjoy it as had to rush it down to make the closing time light display as the massive wait meant we were pressed for time.

Never done summer much at DLP but an hour wait for a booked slot is crazy. Never had that issue at Cafe Mickey myself. Food is average but character interaction is the focus. Closing down for good in April meaning you need a park ticket to meet characters (which is smart really, no other Disney park does it).

• Paid Members

Back of Discoveryland behind Space Mountain Mission 2 and to the side of the old Captain EO (RIP) theatre. You've had a lucky escape. In theory it should have been really good, but in reality it was a prison cafeteria with a Toy Story colour scheme.

I think it opened in the late 90's and was never modernised. Now with Star Tours 2 opening and Space Mountain getting the hyperspace mountain Star Wars overlay I'm expecting that to be turned into the cantina as they have had hinted at before

• Paid Members

Tortuga Tavern At WDW had the most amazing #eatclean meal at one time. It was a deepfried taco shell filled with taco mince. You could pile on as much cheese and sour cream as you wanted, and a bit of salad if you're one of them. Greasy wonderment that has now been replaced by a fucking toastie.

• Paid Members

Closing down for good in April meaning you need a park ticket to meet characters (which is smart really, no other Disney park does it).

WDW has several character meals at resort restaurants that anyone can book without park admission e.g. 1900 Park Fare at The Grand Floridian, Ohana at The Polynesian, and Chef Mickey at The Contemporary.
your not wrong! Not only that but we did 1900 park fare on our honeymoon so knew that. I suppose my thought process is getting from Paris to Disney Village is so easy you could do it without thinking of goin in, whilst if you were going to those hotels you probably wouldn't make the effort of going if you were not going to the parks afterwards.

For those unaware, WDW and all the hotels are on a piece of land larger then the whole of Manchester.