#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm not going round yours for a burger after work though! Which is best out of the three you mentioned? I've had, and love, Five Guys.

How about Burger & Lobster and Patty & Bun? They're also highly rated.

I'd say Byron. Thick and jucier than the others, followed by five guys, and very last shake shack which was a greasy disappointment.

Johnnyboy, you would trade a baby for the magic sauce, never mind make one.

I'm not going round yours for a burger after work though! Which is best out of the three you mentioned? I've had, and love, Five Guys.

Honest Burger is my favourite. Definitely worth trying out and not as expensive as Five Guys. 

Just come back from 5 Guys after a post-work pub session. Paid 14 quid for a double bacon and cheese boo with a "little" fries (there's a fuckton of them) and a refillable soft drink (Fanta Zero Orange of course, two refills). Greasy and stodgy enough to make it a nice one off treat, although as I type this I'm loading Sainsbiurys white chocolate and raspberry cookies into my mouth washing them down with milk, so I can't be sure it filled me up.

• Paid Members

Honest Burger is my favourite. Definitely worth trying out and not as expensive as Five Guys.

I'd rather five guys then a GBK or Byron. Patty and bun was far to messy. Didn't like the grease running down my arms. Meat liquor is pretty damn good but the best burger I have had in recent memory is the Juicy Bastard at Burger Craft. They run kitchens in pubs. I go to the Green Man at Edgware Road. Fantastic burgers

• Paid Members

I'd say Byron. Thick and jucier than the others, followed by five guys, and very last shake shack which was a greasy disappointment.

Being the proud owner of Thunderplex' Chinese cuisine recipe book, I can confirm this to be the case. The char siu was a faff, but fuck, was it worth it.

I'd rather five guys then a GBK or Byron. Patty and bun was far to messy. Didn't like the grease running down my arms. Meat liquor is pretty damn good but the best burger I have had in recent memory is the Juicy Bastard at Burger Craft. They run kitchens in pubs. I go to the Green Man at Edgware Road. Fantastic burgers

I'll have to check that out. Agreed about Patty and Bun, lovely taste but I felt like I needed a shower after eating it. Wasn't a massive fan of Meat Liquor though. Have you tried Honest Burger?

• Paid Members

Apparently the whole Meat Liquor/Meat People company have different chefs at their restaurants, so there's a good chance if you didn't like Meat Liquor you might like Meat People, or the other one (I forget what it's called, but it's Meat something or other).

RECOMMENDATION: Any of the Hawksmoor restaurants. They do nothing but meat. Steaks, rotisserie, burgers, you name it - it's just not for vegetarians at all. Their burgers are astounding - they mix in a little marrow with the mince to give the meat a really deep flavour. Well worth trying, but be warned - they're expensive.

• Paid Members

I'll have to check that out. Agreed about Patty and Bun, lovely taste but I felt like I needed a shower after eating it. Wasn't a massive fan of Meat Liquor though. Have you tried Honest Burger?

No, but it is on the to do list, as is Tommi's

• Paid Members

Schwartz Bros in Bath is a local institution that has been producing artery-clogging goodness for about 30 years. The best takeaway burgers I have experienced and they have a store with a 2AM close next to what was at one point my local. Nothing beats 8 pints of Guinness followed by a burger as tall as your bonce.

If you need evidence as to why they are top, this advert on their home page sums in up with a big banner basically proclaiming 'NOW WITH EVEN MORE MEAT!!!!'.

Burger.jpg

Plus, if you live in the local area, they send out menu vouchers about twice the year so you can get BOGOF on burgers. Shamefully, I have never managed to eat more than a double in one sitting though.

So if anyone does venture into the South West any-time soon, I would give it a go.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Almost Famous burgers in Manchester are my current #eatclean treat. They do burgers that have beef monster much & frazzles on them. They also fry streaky bacon, grind it down to dust & make 'Bacon Rain' that they shake on the chips. It's a good thing they're not that close to me or I'd be a walking Channel 5 documentary.

• Paid Members

Schwartz Bros in Bath is a local institution that has been producing artery-clogging goodness for about 30 years. The best takeaway burgers I have experienced and they have a store with a 2AM close next to what was at one point my local. Nothing beats 8 pints of Guinness followed by a burger as tall as your bonce.

If you need evidence as to why they are top, this advert on their home page sums in up with a big banner basically proclaiming 'NOW WITH EVEN MORE MEAT!!!!'.

Burger.jpg

Plus, if you live in the local area, they send out menu vouchers about twice the year so you can get BOGOF on burgers. Shamefully, I have never managed to eat more than a double in one sitting though.

So if anyone does venture into the South West any-time soon, I would give it a go.

Yes! On several occasions I have ended a saturday afternoon pub crawl with on of those beauties.

Patty&Bun was fantastic, but messy. Honest burgers are superb, as are the chips and I'm going to Burger & Lobster next week, will probably have lobster though.

• Paid Members

Being the proud owner of Thunderplex' Chinese cuisine recipe book, I can confirm this to be the case. The char siu was a faff, but fuck, was it worth it.

What a nice thing to say, thank you very much for that. After the morning I've had, it's really picked me up.

• Paid Members

Almost Famous burgers in Manchester are my current #eatclean treat. They do burgers that have beef monster much & frazzles on them. They also fry streaky bacon, grind it down to dust & make 'Bacon Rain' that they shake on the chips. It's a good thing they're not that close to me or I'd be a walking Channel 5 documentary.

Cannot concentrate at work at all having read this. Sounds dreamy.