#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

Maybe I can recover some #EatClean credentials and say I really loved, and thus really miss, Walker's Cheeseburger flavour crisps. Dodgy as hell, but delicious.

True but they pale in comparison to the cheeseburger flavoured American Football crisps that used to be used in the community centre!!!
Quarterbacks?

YES!!!!

• Paid Members

They still sell Quarterbacks at some shops near me, but I think I must have misread the packets, because the only flavour I thought I saw was Beef; never seen Cheeseburger ones - would've snapped those up straight away.

• Paid Members

The old quarterbacks in the silver packets were on a different level but the only ones I've tried recently were Golden Wonder (I think) made, they didn't even come close. Had my first bag of transform-a-snacks for years the other night, spicy of course, apart from the price they things haven't changed in forever. Always prefer 10p type crisps to your generic Walkers/Golden Wonder stuff.

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members

I used to have a bag of bbq beef transform a snack every Friday lunch when I worked in Birmingham.

It was the lunch treat. That, a discounted out of date beef pasty and a can of ginger beer or Dr pepper, dependant on what was on offer.

Everyone else was in eat selling a kidney for a pot of soup.

Of couse after lunch it would be straight to the pub for a pint and a double scotch at one time. We won't see the like of those days again.

Edited by Tommy!

I posted the following picture to instagram with the hashtag #eatclean:

epc27av.png

Within 60 seconds, someone I've never heard of, adam_personal_trainer liked it. Not to be outdone, coluccio_fitness did likewise. #cleanas

Edited by hallicks

• Moderators

I'm sceptical  of the amount of cooking used in most of those recipes. Using pans and the like. Microwave and/or toaster are the only tools.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator

I'm sceptical of the amount of cooking used in most of those recipes. Using pans and the like. Microwave and/or toaster are the only tools.

The fogies on that board probably regard the microwave with scepticism of the new-fangled.