#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Schwartz Bros in Bath is a local institution that has been producing artery-clogging goodness for about 30 years. The best takeaway burgers I have experienced and they have a store with a 2AM close next to what was at one point my local. Nothing beats 8 pints of Guinness followed by a burger as tall as your bonce.

If you need evidence as to why they are top, this advert on their home page sums in up with a big banner basically proclaiming 'NOW WITH EVEN MORE MEAT!!!!'.

Burger.jpg

Plus, if you live in the local area, they send out menu vouchers about twice the year so you can get BOGOF on burgers. Shamefully, I have never managed to eat more than a double in one sitting though.

So if anyone does venture into the South West any-time soon, I would give it a go.

So you were either drinking in Flan O'Brians or Molloys then? ;)

Couple of mates currently work at Schwartz, which comes in handy as they'll definitely serve me if I'm a little worse for wear after an evening out which is ideal.

There's a kebab place across the road or so from it called Alfallafel's which still to this day serves the best kebab I've ever had. Bath surprisingly is brilliant for utter gluttonous food.

• Paid Members

I'm not going round yours for a burger after work though! Which is best out of the three you mentioned? I've had, and love, Five Guys.

How about Burger & Lobster and Patty & Bun? They're also highly rated.

I'd say Byron. Thick and jucier than the others, followed by five guys, and very last shake shack which was a greasy disappointment.

Johnnyboy, you would trade a baby for the magic sauce, never mind make one.

Being the proud owner of Thunderplex' Chinese cuisine recipe book, I can confirm this to be the case. The char siu was a faff, but fuck, was it worth it.

What a nice thing to say, thank you very much for that. After the morning I've had, it's really picked me up.

Well then, you should also know that every time the Bensons For Beds advert shows on TV, I cannot stop myself giggling like an idiot and saying "BENSONS FOR BEDS? THE BED SHOP?"

Good grief, bacon rain sounds incredible.

Just got this image of you running around like a kid on a sugar rush while some bloke hoses you with bacon bits.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Schwartz Bros in Bath is a local institution that has been producing artery-clogging goodness for about 30 years. The best takeaway burgers I have experienced and they have a store with a 2AM close next to what was at one point my local. Nothing beats 8 pints of Guinness followed by a burger as tall as your bonce.

If you need evidence as to why they are top, this advert on their home page sums in up with a big banner basically proclaiming 'NOW WITH EVEN MORE MEAT!!!!'.

Plus, if you live in the local area, they send out menu vouchers about twice the year so you can get BOGOF on burgers. Shamefully, I have never managed to eat more than a double in one sitting though.

So if anyone does venture into the South West any-time soon, I would give it a go.

So you were either drinking in Flan O'Brians or Molloys then? ;)

Couple of mates currently work at Schwartz, which comes in handy as they'll definitely serve me if I'm a little worse for wear after an evening out which is ideal.

There's a kebab place across the road or so from it called Alfallafel's which still to this day serves the best kebab I've ever had. Bath surprisingly is brilliant for utter gluttonous food.

Flan O'Briens rather than Molloy's. Although Molloy's did a decent Superbowl event that I went to a couple of times.

You are spot on about Bath though. For somewhere so ridiculously middle class, it doesn't half have some dirty takeouts. Al's, Megashite, Best Favourite Fried Chicken, Adel's etc.  Speaking of Alfallafel's, some friends of mine once tried the 'Alfallafel's Challenge', which consisted of buying £10 worth of grub at the knock down prices they have at about 2AM before they close. Think one of them got to 7/10 chicken sandwiches he had ordered before oral evacuation ensued. Did you ever get to try SFC (now the Peri Peri Sizzler) opposite Alfallafel's, which is basically ghetto Nando's? Nothing beats gnawing on half a roast chicken while walking home in the early hours of the morning.

• Paid Members

I did get SFC, it was always the last resort if the Al's queue was hectic and there was a fight breaking out in there (you can deal with one, not with both). Ordering a chicken burger from there and getting literally a large chicken breast between bread half the size of it was always a delight. Ghetto Nando's sums it up right.

I have a soft spot for Megashite, its dreadful (not Curry Nights dreadful but pretty damn bad) but they deliver at 3am to Newton St Loe and the Bath Spa campus, so library sessions and getting home after a night out this year had food on my doorstep seemingly. 

• Paid Members

This thread has taken a turn for the worse with all this "gourmet burger" talk. I blame Carbomb.

You always blame me. I didn't even start the gourmet burger talk!

• Paid Members

Well then, you should also know that every time the Bensons For Beds advert shows on TV, I cannot stop myself giggling like an idiot and saying "BENSONS FOR BEDS? THE BED SHOP?"

We had a works reunion the other week in the cafe that stands where the infamous Bensons incident occured. They did a fantastic bacon sandwich which they then dunked and fried in the bacon fat.

Someone will be talking about Nandos next, those chains are all mutton dressed as lamb or mashed cows anuses dressed as prime cuts.

Just had a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle, tastes better than i remember.

Beef and tomato Pot Noodle is pretty special.