Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Well this now has me pulling my hair out, the mention of Tootsie Rolls, what film has the quote; "Tootsie Roll, toot toot Tootsie Roll" said in a very sarcastic manner?

I fucking love Double Deckers, they may very well be the messiest Chocolate bars to eat but they are phenomenal. And to think I had avoided them for years as I thought they had nuts in them.

That's nothing. I used to believe Lion Bars had tobacco in them. In fairness, I was only four so I'd believe anything the local kids would tell me, but it made me always pick something else for years.

On 27 January 2018 at 8:09 PM, scratchdj said:

Our B&M sells Baby Ruth bars and they’re phenomenal. I’ve never seen or heard of them before I saw them in there, but I’m glad I gave one a go. Lovely.

They are fantastic, and the Yanks are usually shit at chocolate.

• Moderators

Am I the only person that thinks chocolate is actually quite shit? I'd far prefer a nice slice of victoria sponge or a cherryu bakewell to the quite massively overrated chocolate. I probably have 5 or 6 bars a year at most.

• Paid Members
On 27/01/2018 at 3:56 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

I wouldn't piss in his cornflakes if they were on fire.

Aaaanyway... My point was that Crunchie is never marketed as 'cinder toffee'. I don't know where all this talk of green and blacks comes into it.

I've definitely seen it sold as cinder toffee, but I think pretty much only in massive bags in pound shops and at dodgy funfairs. It can be called that or honeycomb.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

That's nothing. I used to believe Lion Bars had tobacco in them. In fairness, I was only four so I'd believe anything the local kids would tell me, but it made me always pick something else for years.

I thought Ginger Beer contained Beer and Dr Pepper was made with juiced Peppers. Avoided both for years.

but then I also believed the world was in black and white until colour was invented in the 60’s so my childhood was pretty messed up